Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fun with Nana and Papa

I chatted with Mike tonight and he asked me to post pictures of all the fun we're having with Nana and Papa. The boys have taken a little time adjusting (I just realized that Tanner has cut two teeth- that explains a lot!), but overall, week one has been successful.
Andrew loved the Focus on the Family visitor's center that is very much like a children's museum. Reid was having a ball watching the puppet show and driving the stroller.
We always go to Garden of the Gods when we're home, but I guess I've never really been there during the height of tourist season. We're lucky there aren't twelve gazillion people in our picture. I couldn't believe how packed it was! It actually made me kind of sad. I wanted to take my kids there so they could love what I love- so they could love what I have so many fun memories of. We still had a nice time, but it was just... different.
We've talked for months about Andrew going fishing with Papa, and the long-awaited event is definitely the highlight of our trip thus far. Papa cast Andrew's line and within 20 seconds he had a bite! He was so excited and has talked about his "biiiiig fish" ever since. We're going fishing again next week and I'm sure more pictures will follow. Papa's trick...Powerbait!
Feelingt the tug...and out he comes!!
Isn't it great that it's the end of July and w're all wearing pants and jackets because we're in the mountains? I love Nebraska, but whenever I'm home, I'm reminded how much I truly love Colorado!!! The mountains rejuvenate me in a way that cornfields can't. I love bath time in a double sink!

7 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Oh my goodness. Those pics are beautiful. I love the one of your twins in the double sink. And the ones of Andrew and his papa fishing are so sweet. Looks like you're getting some great quality time in with family.

Mandy said...

Liz, the pictures of Andrew and his Grandpa fishing are priceless. Glad you're having a great time with your family in CO!

Burns Family said...

It was great seeing you ion Lisa's backyard, what a place to meet huh? Your boys are so hansome. It was great to see Andrew wrestle with Reid, Austin does the exact same thing with Aaron. Great pictures of you fishing! I am glad you are enjoying your visit in Colorado.

Jen said...

HOW LONG ARE YOU IN COLORADO??? We have been in town for a week but, we're going back to Boston on a red-eye tonight to move . . . before school starts. My mom has the kiddos for three days and we'll be back on Friday. I sure hope you're still around!! I miss you so much. We have got to connect if you're around!

Email me if you get this and I'll give you my number, or you can call my parents home!

I will be heartbroken if we miss seeing your beautiful boys!

QnA Drapers said...

I love the picture of the boys in the tub! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!

Camie said...

Great pics Liz--I'm glad you posted them! It looks like you are having great nana and papa time and these are memories you will always treasure! But I know how you feel about being out of a suitcase without daddy around--we're home now and experiencing our usual post-vacation trauma!

Rebecca Smylie said...

Bathtime in a double sink! Fantastic. I wish I wish I wish I were in Colorado right now. I could go for some of the mountain rejuvenation in a serious way. And this post reminded me how much I love your parents. Aren't they wonderful?