Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sisterhood

How do I even begin to describe my weekend? Words just don't come close. It was double digit friendships, talking like there was no tomorrow, reminiscing about our BYU glory days, catching up on the last 10 years (so complicated we created a 10 ft. timeline), laughing so hard I feel like my tummy is a little flatter, eating candy like it's Halloween (maybe my tummy isn't flatter), the hum of constant chatter, popping in and out of different conversations, staying up until hours I haven't seen since I was nursing babies, shedding tears at our heartaches, then the tears turned to laughter and somehow it all seemed so complete and comforting. I think Ada's face sums up how we felt about the weekend. Ada, you know this is an adorable picture!
I LOVE these women! Each of them is absolutely devoted to living the gospel of Jesus Christ as best as they possibly can. There is no grey area with these women, they're solid. They lift me up, encourage me, and make me a better person. I hope I do a bit of the same for them. Jen, our trip coordinator, and Sara, our token accountant!
Liz and Lizzie, maker of delicious foods and maker of my flatter tummy. This girl makes me laugh!
Linsey, a trooper traveling 7 mos. pregnant, and Ada, our Chatty Cathy!Mandy (who almost didn't make it. so glad you did- it wouldn't have been the same without you, lady!) and Jen mapping out their lives for the last ten years on our much-needed timeline. Jen D.H. and Denver are pictured on the chair behind them. Sorry Jen, you must have been nursing every time I pulled out my camera. You definitely get the "Mother of the Year" award!Catie, our rock and our inspiration! This woman's spirit is so strong, her testimony so powerful.
Couch: Sara, Linsey, me, Catie, Lizzie, Mandy. Floor: Ada and Jen
Club 302 at their best at Duke Gardens!

What I would give to live on the same street as these women! The depth of their love and faith amazes me. Our weekend was sweet, it was lovely, it was perfect.

9 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

I'm so envious! How wonderful it is to spend time with good women. Good for you for maintaining such lasting friendships. And for taking the time to visit with them!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Liz--
That looks like a fun time you had!

Monique said...

Fun times. Of course it was fun YOU were there! :) Your laugh is contagious lady! I love trips like these.

Brooke said...

How fun for you girls. It bought back memories of Courtside. It's so awesome you are all still so close.

wendysue said...

How great! I remember you telling me about this occasion coming up! So glad you were able to be there with all your buddies!

Kristy said...

I am so glad the trip worked out...I heard stories from Jen and it sounds like the perfect weekend.

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

Knowing half of the ladies here, I am envious of your weekend...I would also give a lot to live on your street!

Mandy said...

Missing you like crazy! When do we get to do this again?? Mandy

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Did you really have to include that first photo of me? Really...
Love your post and the rest of the photos--what a fabulous weekend we had!