Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing ever could
Somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good
For some reason I kept singing these words the whole week my dad was visiting! I felt like somewhere in life I had done something good to have him come visit for a week while my mom went to Trinidad to pick her sister up from her mission. It was such a treat to have him! Unfortunately, I didn't pick up my camera much so we don't have many pics, but we had such a wonderful time!
When Papa saw our backyard he said we definitely need a live trap so the boys could catch little animals. Within an hour of baiting our trap with an apple and peanut butter we had a chipmunk! The boys had fun getting an up close look at him and then we let him go. Classic Papa!
During the week we had a big Midwest storm and one of our trees came down in our backyard. Fortunately, we have plenty of trees. We had a fun evening chopping up the tree and dragging it into the woods behind us. The boys had fun on their "spaceship" while waiting for daddy to chop it up.
We took the kids to a lake nearby and had a great afternoon playing in the water, we hit the Air Zoo, library, and just had fun hanging out. We sent Papa home with 10 lbs. of Michigan blueberries, which put a big smile on his face! We loved our time with the Silver Fox and only wish he could pop in for an afternoon more often.
1 comment:
Oh, man, I totally miss your dad! One of my earliest memories of him is when he'd say, "When I was your age, I was..." and then he'd add a year to whatever age I was. I now use that with my own nieces and nephews.
Glad you got to spend some time with the Silver Fox.
Post a Comment