Gretchen had to leave to pick up her kindergartner, but Lori stayed until the bitter end. The only thing not pictured in the pic below is the heat of my steamy kitchen! When I went to make grilled cheese for dinner for our neglected children, the butter in my cupboard had melted! And yes, Lori was still at my house at dinner time.
We canned 46 quarts of the most delicious applesauce. No sugar added, some with cinnamon, and it's been a hit in my house! Tanner called it "apple pie sauce" the other day and is constantly asking for a bowl.

Thursday, October 06, 2011
Criss Cross Applesauce!
Did you know that apples are Michigan's largest and most valuable fruit crop, with a value of about $100million annually to the apple grower? I didn't, nor did I know that we live in a fruit belt and EVERYTHING grows here! We've enjoyed so much fresh fruit and veggies this summer from the local farmers. I hosted two of my MBA friends (who also enjoy living in Michigan- lucky me!) for a day making applesauce. I think we grossly underestimated the project, but it was a great day none-the-less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sorry I had to leave early. Next time we will know how long it really takes. Plus I am going to get an attachment for my kitchenaid that should help too!
We opened a jar and it is great!
Post a Comment