We had a couple families from church over for Christmas Eve. The kids had a great time being excited together. Anticipation for Santa was definitely in the air!
While Jen and I cleaned up the kitchen, Mike led the kids (and Sonja, who was on crutches!) in playing chimes. I always forget how fun the chimes are!
The kids frosted a cookie for Santa so each family could have a plate of sweets for the jolly fellow.
This year my sisters and I did a nativity costume exchange. We each made one costume six times and then swapped with each other. It was so fun to receive creative and adorable costumes in the mail one after another! I thought the kids looked so cute, I love my sisters!
We ended the evening with new Christmas jammies from grandma and grandpa and sang Christmas carols by light of the tree. Of course we had to track Santa online and set out our cookies (and carrots for the reindeer).
The boys all slept in T&R's room and Mike slept in the hall to make sure he caught them before heading down the stairs. The boys were so excited! They kept calling out and asking where Santa was now. Amelia was so tired! I think it was a rough evening for her and she was very happy to be put in her crib.
2 comments:
Those costumes look incredible. What a great idea to do a swap! Your house is always a happening place. Love how you do parties. Happy New Year to y'all!
Hey thanks for the post on our blog! For some reason we didn't get your blog link and now we have it saved:) Your family looks great...we hope to meet up sometime in 2012!!! --love allison and ben
Post a Comment