We don't go on official dates that often, so it was a special treat when Mike asked me to go on a date with him last Friday! He made arrangements for our neighbors to watch Andrew, but the rest of our evening was a surprise. We drove downtown to a nice Italian restaurant and met up with our good friends, Ryan and Suzanne. After leaving the restaurant Ryan and Mike blindfolded us and drove us out of town where we could make a fire and roast marshmallows. While driving, our cell phone rang and the number was from our neighbor's house. I was immediately nervous. We don't leave Andrew that often and we've never had a babysitter call. I answered and the conversation went like this.
"Is this Elizabeth Christensen?"
I replied, "Yes, it is."
"This is Officer White from the Lincoln police department, are you ok?"
I was not a woman to be messed with when it comes to the safety of my child. I very rudely replied, "What? Is Andrew ok? Let me talk with Marcy!"
Our conversation went on and I was absolutely rude to the officer because I thought our neighbors were playing a joke. Realizing he was getting nowhere with me, the officer finally handed the phone over to my neighbor who then informed me that this was not a joke, and there was really a police officer in their home. He assured me that Andrew was ok, so I didn't see what the problem was. Then, he explained that someone had seen Mike driving us around town blindfold and thought we were being abducted!! Ha!
We had quite the conversation with our neighbors when we got home. Our date has become the joke of the neighborhood. Saturday, we woke up to find our driveway sidewalk chalked with...
Mike and Elizabeth sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Frist comes the blindfold,
Then comes the dragg'n,
Then comes the copper in the paddy wagon!
OR
First comes dinner,
Then comes dessert,
Then comes the cop thinking Mike's a perp!
Also, this morning I passed all the neighborhood kids at the bus stop on the way back from my run. One little girl said that she heard about our date and they all started laughing! Our neighbors said they never thought they'd have the cops in this neighborhood because of us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
haha! Oh my, that is FUNNY! Mike is someone you have to be very careful about!! That's awesome, liz
LIz--that is the craziest story I have ever heard! That will be one told at your family reunions for years to come!! What a hilarious memory!
That is HILARIOUS. I guess Mike will have to be more subtle with the abductions...
I can't believe that. You have some great stories. That doesn't seem real. What a fun date though!
Lets just be grateful that cop isn't in Utah...he would be really busy out there with all the "creative" dates! The YW would be arrested often for "kidnapping" their new beehives for breakfasts!
love your blog - shannon
Post a Comment