Sunday, November 12, 2006
Smart Little Andrew
Because Andrew hasn't mastered stairs yet, we have a gate at the top of our stairs to keep him from tumbling down. It's fun to see him stand at the gate and get excited when daddy comes home. Andrew can't wait for him to come up those stairs. A couple of days ago I was at the kitchen table and Andrew was playing at the gate. He'd been there a couple of minutes or so when I heard the gate swing open! I rushed over and closed it before he made his move to escape, but I couldn't believe it! I sat and watched him do it again. He tugs on the gate, then realizing it's locked, he lifts the latch and opens it! We've been quite nonchalant about flipping the latch down and not really locking it. Needless to say, we're now locking the gate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Beware--soon you'll realize that he let himself out the sliding glass door and he's wandering around in the street dragging his blanket!
We had one of those old sketchy babygates with my sisters. One day we (okay, probably me or my brothers) put the gate on the wrong side of the door frame. They put their combined weight against it and tumbled down the basement stairs. Needless to say, we had a stern lesson about proper gate placement...
scary...i guess i have something to look forward to. It's funny because somedays i think it will be so much better when he gets a little bit older and i can help or understand him better, but then i hear things like this and realize there is so much more! ...i am sure it is all fun though. bring it on!
Post a Comment