Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's just like college

During the Fall semester that I met Mike, I once pulled back to back all nighters. It was crazy, but I would do it again if I could take those classes again(I enjoy using my brain and don't do it much these days)! After I finished my paper and a midterm, I think I slept for 15 hours --an amount that only a college student could pull off! There was another time where after finals I really don't remember how I got back home to CO for Christmas. Luckily, I was traveling with my sister April, who I'm sure pushed me through security and put me in my seat while I was sleepwalking.

This week I've had two teething babies, one head cold, and two cases of the pukes. The second set of the pukes started at 6: a.m. this morning, thus the reason I'm up blogging so early on a Saturday morning. All of these yuckies have resulted in a few sleepless nights. It's just so sad and pathetic to see little people sick, especially when they vomit. Reid is such a happy boy, but if someone looked at him wrong this week, he's cried.

In college I knew that if I could just push through the sleepless and exausting few days, I could sleep it off and get back to my routine. Do you get to do that as a parent? I'm not positive, but don't think so. I'll have to check my parenting instruction manual thatI received when Andrew was born. What, you didn't receive one?

8 comments:

CCVDG said...

Elizabeth,
Sick babies are the worst! Not only are they sick and miserable, but it is so worrisome to have them be sick and miserable. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all. The sleep thing? Are you kidding even questioning the possibility of "catching up?" A mother NEVER catches up on her sleep. Just like she NEVER looks quite the same after she has babies. It is the badge of motherhood, wear the dark under eye circles and back fat with pride!

Whitney said...

Oh Lizzie! I am so sorry to hear that! Hang in there. I hope the weekend gets better.

Anne Marie said...

Hope everyone gets feeling better soon! Ugh! When twin babies get sick, it is absolutely the worst.

Melvin and Carly said...

So sad when little people are sick (or teething). Hope everyone feels better soon. I think it'll be a while before we moms of toddlers will ever get a good night's sleep. I've been singing Darius Rucker's song "It Won't Be Like This For Long" in my head for a couple of weeks straight now. It's a good one.

Um, can you send me a copy of that manual you're talking about? I'll pay for the copies and shipping! :)

Monique said...

ug!! I have been going to bed no earlier than 2 am the past week... I slept for 10 hours this Saturday morning. . . Did it help? Ask me tomorrow. I can't stand kids being sick. Sorry!

amy stansel said...

ahhhh I am soooo sorry. I totally feel for you. We have all been sick for the last 2 weeks - although not throwing up which i think is the WORST thing that could happen. I too have been sick and it's amazing - I can't ever call in sick and even though I am exhausted blah blah blah I still have dishes to do, meals to fix, laundry to fold, bathrooms to clean, sheets to change, taxi driving to do - oh and I'm supposed to be happy and kind in every way to my kids and husband. It is hard!! Good luck. I hope you are all better and rested soon!!!

Catie said...

Liz! I'm thinking of you! Hopefully you got a Sunday afternoon nap today?? Maybe a couple of hours? 2 certainly isn't 15 but if you're that sleep deprived anything over 45 minutes uninterrupted feels good to me! May your week and sweet boys feel better and better!

Shelby said...

Can I have one or two of your babies for the third hour next Sunday? That is if they're feeling better.