Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Unexpected Ease

You know how you just get used to what you do and then every once and a while the heavens shine down upon you with a moment of respite? Ah, so nice. Yesterday morning my neighbor, Julie, called and said she had decided to take three days off from her very busy and demanding job (she is one of the busiest women I know!) and was wondering if my boys would like to go for a walk with her! "Don't feel like you need to say yes." Hello, are you kidding me?! She helped me get Andrew and Tanner bundled and loaded and then Reid and I headed out to the grocery store while they went for a walk. One child at the grocery store is so easy and fun! I love having that one-on-one time with my boys.

I was so touched by Julie's kindness. This is such a busy time of year for everybody, but she took time out of her busy life to take my boys for a walk and and a stop at the park. Things like this make me want to be a Julie for someone else, and it makes me feel like all is right in the world.
As you can tell, Tanner and Reid feel that all is right in the world too! Like my Amazon.com Christmas on the table?
Reid is my lover boy. He gives slobbery open-mouthed kisses to all. They're wonderful, but I'm also glad he's recently taken to blowing kisses- much more appropriate to those outside our family.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

That is great Liz. We know all too well the blessing of having good neighbors. And, Gabey is the King of open mouthed slobbery kisses and has not yet learned to blow kisses. :)

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I am glad you have good friends to talke care of you, and who do things like that.....I agree, I want to be that kind of a neighbor, too!!! And your boys....they are so cute....and so big!!!

Melvin and Carly said...

How nice of your neighbor. Everyone needs a Julie! I'm sure you've been one many times and will be again. No doubt your neighbors are grateful to have a Liz!

The Giles said...

I love those chairs. Good job. And those cheeks, just want to kiss them. What cute boys!

Monique said...

I LOVE AMAZON.com. We keep them in business for sure. I also love those stories that make me want to be a better person.. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your little boys are so adorable! It sounds like you are keeping busy this christmas season! Miss ya!