Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Child Labor and Gratification

I'm pretty sure he's BYU's biggest fan, and I couldn't be more proud! Andrew saw this cougar claw at the bookstore our first week we moved here and has been pining for it ever since. Mike and I finally decided he could earn $1 a week by setting the table for dinner and emptying the garbage cans. He's also scrubbed toilets, tubs, vacuumed, and dusted to earn the rest of his needed money for the claw. He walked to the bookstore with a zip lock bag full of coins in his pocket and a bounce in his step (the coins, however, were so heavy he had to keep pulling up his pants!). He looked so grown up when he handed the claw and his money to the cashier, and he was bursting with excitement and pride as he walked away with his claw and his receipt in his BYU Bookstore bag. Do you think he likes it?

8 comments:

Monique said...

Now I know what to ask Santa for for Christmas! :)

Brooke said...

Love it!!! Co Cougars!!!

Alisa said...

ah....i love it!! i remember you telling me he was earning money for that, i think he does love it!!!

Melvin and Carly said...

He looks like a pretty happy Cougar fan. Way to go Andrew!

The Giles said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious. I'm not surprised a child of yours would be such a cougar fan at age 4. Way to go making him work for it.

Sara said...

I love the labor you got out of your little guy and I love love how excited he is! Great story!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Good for him!!! I am so glad that Mike is going to BYU right now, so he can enjoy being a BYU fan!!! :)

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

I love this!