Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Amelia's 3rd birthday!

Can you believe she's three?!  They boys were so cute about her birthday!  They treated her so well, were so thoughtful and excited about the gifts they got her.  She was adorable too!  Felt so special that a whole day was just for her!

We opened a few presents in the morning, mainly gifts from her boys and her new birthday clothes.  


Last year, Reid gave Amelia a purple ball just like this and somehow (in a house with three big brothers) it popped within a week.  He knew exactly what he wanted to get her!  The blue ball was a hit and is a favorite toy in the house.

I'm a boring mom, no juice or chocolate milk around here.  Andrew had the brilliant idea to give T&R chocolate milk for their birthday and he took it a step further for sis, apple juice!!  She couldn't have been happier!  She was so kind to share her juice with her boys!
I love a three year old birthday!  So sweet and fun to spend a special day with my girl.  We had fun meeting up with Violet and her mom for donuts, and a donut with her friend made her so incredibly happy!
Don't you love this smile?
That night we opened a few more presents and had cake and ice cream.


We love our sis!  Amelia is such a sweet girl!  I love the way she calls her brothers, "my boys."  She wants to keep up with the pack and I'm always so happy to see the pack play babies, doll house, or family with her.  So cute!  Amelia loves to help in the kitchen, and is quick to pull her step stool right next to me and scoop, crack eggs, stir, or whatever else I'll let her do.  She's also fiercely independent.  I tell myself that independent children are a good thing, but she can sure try my patience.  It's hard to be frustrated with her for long, because she's just so darn cute, sweet, and loves to love on her baby brother.  We love our sis and are so happy she's in our family!

No comments: