Monday, December 10, 2007

Wish you were our neighbor!

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is turning on my Christmas music and making my goodies to take to neighbors and friends. This year it was a little more challenging to make the time to stand over the stove, as it seems there is always someone who needs a diaper change or some other need that must be met. So, I made my lists and scheduled it all out so I could do my annual baking. I'm behind on my house cleaning and laundry, but I've had so much fun and I really love doing this!
Today I made the last batch of fudge and assembled 22 plates for neighbors, visiting teachees, friends, etc. and six tins for Mike's team at work. We felt like this was the perfect Christmas gift for his team, as they all have super busy lives and don't get much home cookin'. Each tin is packed with ginger snaps, fudge, caramels, and English toffee...yum!
Happy holiday baking!!

8 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Looks lovely! I am so amazed that you did all this! Looks so delicious.

April said...

Liz...you are crazy!!!! I love it. You didn't even tone it down this year. 22 plates. Holy cow! When bekah saw the pictures of the goodies she said I wish I was there so I could have a cookie. I had to laugh. I am still working on what I want to bake for our neighbors. I am lucky that we don't really have too many friends yet so I don't have to do a ton, plus delivering them might be a little more tough than usaul, so we might do 10 plates or so.
Right now I am thinking of doing:
the chocolate caramel cookies
english toffee cookies
orange butter cookies
maybe chocolate peppermint creme cookies and/or
maybe caramels...I am still deciding...I only made them that one time with you and they turned out hard, plus my friend is the caramel goo roo here and we would most likely give to the same people, so maybe I will give to her.

Kara said...

I like the tin idea. I am very impressed that you could do that with your boys. I haven't managed to get to that yet, and I have 0 children. Looks yummy!

Ryan and Susie said...

Hey Liz, it's me Susie, Camie's friend from Cincy. You're kids are adorable, and you're treats sound delicious. I really wish I was your neighbor! I'm impressed you find the time with 2 infants and a toddler! That's fabulous.

The Giles said...

Well I wish I was your neighbor too. I am not quite as ambitious as you. Maybe I ought to do some baking.

And I TOTALLY sympathize with you and locking your keys in your car. Although this was pre-William, and I didn't have any other kids in the car. I locked the keys in our car before Thanksgiving and it took quite a chunk out of our checkbook. Uggghh.

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. I was at Costco and a fire truck came to rescue me. I was pretty embarrassed since everyone was rubbernecking to see what was the matter, but Haley thought it was pretty cool and even asked if I could do that again. . . hopefully never again!!

Shannon said...

Liz - the tins from Wal-Mart, my brother Jason designed the snowman, Santa & reindeer. Aren't they awesome! Thanks for your card - got it yesterday! And yes, I do wish I was your neighbor!

wildthayn said...

Seriously, you're crazy. You are so amazing!!!! I REALLY wish I was your neighbor!!