Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Drama

Ever since Mike and I got married he has mocked me for the dramatic descriptions I use in different situations. For instance...

At the end of a fast, "I'm famished near unto death!" Not just hungry.

On roadtrips, as he's passing the rest stop, I inform him to, "pull over before my bladder explodes!"

My back is getting worked by my kiddos and I often tell Mike, "My back is killing me, I think I might need to get it removed!"

You get the idea. Well, the other day I think we had a serious role reversal (we find this happening more often the longer we're married) when Mike was making me a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Mike is a very clean and orderly person. So am I, but I also enjoy having peanut butter on every bite of my sandwich. He likes to taper the peanut butter at the edge of the sandwich so he doesn't risk getting it on his hands and getting messy. So our conversation went like this,

Mike: Do you want me to make a nice, clean sandwich for you, or would you like me to slop peanut butter everywhere so it's a mess? (translation: do you want a dry, nasty sandwich or would you like to have peanut butter in every bite?)

Elizabeth: I'd like my messy sandwich, please.

Mike: You're crazy! You're the craziest person in the world! You're the craziest person that's ever existed on this planet or any other planet!!

Elizabeth: Am I crazier than the Unabomber?

Mike: Yes, you're crazier than the Unabomber!

At this point we're both start cracking up-- my husband just said I was crazier than the Unabomber because of the way I like to make a peanut butter sandwich! Now, you tell me who's dramatic?!

12 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh, Ha ha!!! Drama!!!! That's funny. The funniest part though is that I can see you guys giggling with each other and it's makes me smile!

Whitney said...

Fun story Lizzie!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

I have to say that is quite funny!!! And, I am with you Liz....Peanut Butter in EVERY bite!!!

April said...

Mike is ridiculous. The craziest person on the whole planet. That is hilarious. Funny guy!!

Also, a dry peanut butter sandwhich....disgusting.

you can tell him that I now let Bekah make our sandwhiches. I son't think he could handle being in the room to watch...then again I didn't think he could handle his kids spitting up and he has done that.

Melvin and Carly said...

You guys are hilarious! I can totally picture you having just such a conversation. Mike, don't eat peanut butter at our house. Audrey makes her own sandwiches and after every scoop of pb from the jar, she licks the knife. And there's pb everywhere.

The Giles said...

That is hilarious! I love drama. And have to say while I don't think I'm extreme on the dry sandwiches like Mike, Matt always makes fun of me for just putting a tiny layer of peanut butter, or whatever other condiment it is - while he piles it up an inch thick. Now that is crazy!

Camie said...

Liz--you are definitely having an influence on Mike! And I think you are BOTH the craziest people on this planet or any other planet.

paulak said...

That is pretty funny! By the way, I am a childhood friend of Mike. I usually visit Amy's website and thought I would stop by Mike and Matt's family sites. That was a cute story!

Amy said...

oh my drama!!! you two are funny! You crazy girl making a yummy PB sandwich. Why doesn't that surprise me about mike tapering off so he doesn't get dirty? funny!!

Kristy said...

That story well could have been told of me & Joel. I just emailed you, and was thus inspired to check out the latest on your blog. Great story!

Erin and Devin said...

Elizabeth!! Thats awesome!!! I can see your face as you say "He thinks that I am crazier than a unabomer becuase of the way I make my peanut butter sandwiches." Oh i miss having you stay with us! I Hope all is going well with you and your little family. Well, it is 9 more days until I get married. I will put pictures up, but I hope to keep in touch with ya! See ya!

Ralph and Teresa said...

I think you're still crazy in love with each other and a great example of how to make life a lot of fun out of NOTHING!! I love you guys! Mom C