Friday, May 09, 2008

Mike and an ICEE

It's been a long day. It started bright and early with my wee little ones waking at 6 a.m.! Mike was playing ball which meant I had to be mom earlier than my body wanted to. Today was a classic "mother of three kids under two" kind of day. We had battles getting dressed, oatmeal spilled, bumped heads, shots for the little guys, got the oil changed, made deposits at the bank, no one napped when they were supposed to (thus no alone time for mom), and by the end of the day everyone was tired, slightly grumpy, and patience was wearing thin.

Luckily, tonight was date night! We were out the door by 8 p.m., did a little shopping and then stopped for an ICEE on the way home. It's amazing how a little quality time with my honey and an ICEE can revitalize this run down mommy who is so tired she fell asleep while getting a cavity filled- no joke!

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

That sounds like quite a day! So glad it ended with a date at least. Hope you get a little downtime this weekend. Falling asleep in the dentist's chair! That is definitely the sign of a tired mama.

Kara said...

I don't know how you do it sometimes with 3 little ones. I am glad you were able to get out though!

The Giles said...

Thank goodness for those small revitalizing things. Good for you for having a date night. If ever I think my crazy mom days are bad, I might just remember that your crazy mom days might be a little more crazy. SO excited to see you next week!

Monique said...

Hey! It's amazing what we as mothers now treasure. I LOVE going to the dentist. It's like pampering. I get to lay down in a comfy chair and someone else cleans my teeth. aaaaah! When they say, "sorry for the wait." I say, "You mean sorry for the SHORT wait. You came back too soon." :)

Mandy said...

Hi Liz, I think we are both too busy to blog but I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. Hope you get more moments like this one; date nights with hubbies and cold beverages are essential! Love ya, Mandy