Monday, June 09, 2008

Family Day

Saturday was our self-designated family day! We se the day aside as time to spend as a family with no other commitments, meetings, or engagements we had to run off to. We were up early and out the door to join 1,300 other runners in the Havelock Charity Run. Andrew was so excited when we told him we were going to a race, as he thought Lightening McQueen would be there! Luckily, he wasn't too disappointed when the shot off the gun and everyone started running. He thought it was pretty cool. I pushed Tanner and Reid and Mike pushed Andrew. We decided to leave the triple home and split the load (and Mike says we don't need six stroller! ha!)

After the race, Andrew was so excited and wanted to run just like mom and dad. He was so cute running up and down the sidewalk with Mike!Mike's last race was the KC marathon when I was pregnant with Andrew and mine was before that. It was fun to get out and run together with our family.


After the race, we went home and did yardwork, napped the boys, visited some friends and had a little down time. Then, Mike and I went out to eat to celebrate our anniversary. I love celebrating our anniversary and talking about everything we've done in seven years together and all we still want to do. It was nice to sit and talk uninterrupted by our wee little ones. A great day all around!

9 comments:

Katie and Eric said...

What a fun family day! You guys are so great and I am glad you got to do a race. We had a great time doing ours.

Whitney said...

Looks like a grand day! I wish Josh were into the exercise thing and we could run a race together. That would be great!

Anne Marie said...

You are a fit mama! Sounds totally fun. You are the jogger stroller queen:) Glad you went on a date too.

April said...

Sounds like a great Saturday!! Your boys are so cute. That is funny Andrew was so excited about running. Way to start him early.
Also, you are looking awesome miss I just had twins. Looking good.

Torrey said...

Nice job Liz. Way to be Mrs. Active. Also, congrats on 7 years! You guys are such a cute couple and have an adorable family.

Catie said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember getting your wedding pictures in the mail while I was on my mission. I missed being there, but was so excited for you! I still am-- you and Mike are two of my best examples. Also- your boys keep getting cuter and cuter!!

GUENTHERS said...

You're amazing! I can't believe you pushed those strollers. What a workout. Your family is so great! We visited the Neeley's last week. Their little boy Kenneth is so sweet. They're doing great and so happy!

The Giles said...

I love that you guys run races together. I wish even one of us did! Sounds like a great family day. We had our anniversary yesterday and I copied your idea of the memories for each year. It was fun. We are going out to dinner this weekend!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

What a fun family activity! Looks like you guys had a blast. Maybe one of these days I will break out the running shoes and borrow my moms stick (lol) and head out for a run!