Monday, August 04, 2008

Reunion

Aahhh, there is something so exciting, refreshing, and giddy about getting together with friends who knew me when I had braces and huge eyebrows!! Friends whom I've laughed hysterically with, shared secrets with, and have done stupid things with--like telling my freshman biology class my mom had a fake leg, making music videos, eating a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting, and going to stake dances in the craziest of attire! I love these girls!
Torrey just got married a year ago and brought her cute husband, Mark, along for the weekend. Annie is in town visiting her family for a couple of weeks while her husband finishes an internship in Iowa (her new favorite place!!). I'm so happy our time here has overlapped. Brooke is amazingly successful at anything she does. She took time off from her super busy work schedule to join us for the weekend.

We enjoyed a lovely dinner Friday night, thanks to the darling Clawsons, and then chatted and laughed into the night. It was such a treat to be with these girls again! The reason for our gathering...our 10 year reunion! Brooke and Annie graduated a year before us and so they didn't join us for the offical reunion event. Mark and Torrey were kind enough to let me tag along that night and I have to say we had a great time! We stopped for Louie's cheesey bread that was our favorite in high school and it still hits the spot. Then on to the reunion.
Torrey loves a costume party and decided to wear her zebra print shirt! (wink, wink)

We had a great time that evening, but agreed that the best reunion was with the girls. Sunday morning we met up at McConkie's home for breakfast. Monique joined us there before she leaves for Hungary for the next three years with her family! It was such a fun weekend that I didn't want it to end. I was sad to say goodbye, but we all agreed this isn't the last reunion we'll have-- and next time, Ann Dee with definitely be there! We missed you, girl!

10 comments:

The Giles said...

You said it so perfect. I may just have to copy this post as my own. hehe. It was a fabulous weekend. Love our girls.

Anne Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie said...

What a great thing to be able to catch up with dear friends. It's so amazing how some friends you can connect with so readily, no matter how many years it's been.

amy stansel said...

Liz i love all the pictures!! You are looking fabulous. Never would have guessed how large your tummy was just a year ago!!! You really look great. Looks like you guys had fun on your trip.

Colleen and Justin said...

How much fun! I wonder if these girls are as much fun to shop with as your Nebraska girls! What a time we can have! We'll have to have a reunion ourselves someday!

Catie said...

Girlfriends are so wonderful! It's true, when you know someone through so many stages of life there is a special connection. I love you Liz. You are beautiful! I'm glad you had such a fun weekend.

Torrey said...

Lizzy -I loved getting to see you I still can't get over how much fun this weekend was. We have got to work on living closer to each other. Also, thanks for documenting my "costume". I have told so many people that story and I still laugh really hard every time. Love you lots. I'll email pictures soon!

kteuscher said...

That looks like so much fun. I love a reunion with old friends. It's always amazing to me how things can pick up right where they left off, no matter how much time has past. Can you believe you've been out of high school 10 years. WOW!

April said...

Fritt Froo....look at that hot Hasler girl. No really, you look so cute and skinny and your dresses are awesome.

It looks like a great time. I am glad you girls had fun catching up.

Monique said...

It was a fun weekend. I wish I could have done more with you guys, but I was spread pretty thin. You guys are so amazing! Love the memories. . . Mexico, Prom, Dances, White Water Rafting, Girls Camp... to name a few!