Friday, August 22, 2008

Dear Checkout Lady...

Dear Checkout Lady at Sam's Club,

When I approach your lane with a cart packed with groceries, two crying babies, and a whining two year old, please don't tell me that having twins is easier than your two children who were 18 months apart! While for some crazy reason it may be true, now is not the time to discuss it.

Regards,
The mother of three children two and under. :)

11 comments:

Anne Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Marie said...

I hope all your kiddos took a good, long nap for you after your crazy shopping trip. So sorry about the unhelpful comments. Shopping with young kids can be so hard!! I'm so impressed that you still go out and get stuff done, even with 3 kids in tow.

Lana said...

LOL- If she only knew. She is obviously clueless!! Maybe she needs to borrow them for 30 minutes and she will have a different opinion.

wildthayn said...

REALLY?? CLUELESS!!! Maybe she's much less competent than you. Seriously, you are one of the most competent moms (or people, for that matter) I know. I think you just make it look easy. You are the woman!!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

HMMMM.....looks like you have both!!!!

amy stansel said...

oh my!! I am laughing so hard right now. ARe you serious? PLEASE!!!! The only person that could tell you you have it easier is someone with triplets or more!! I had kids under 16 months apart and it was a LOT of work but i will NEVER place myself in the same category as a mom with twins not to mention a 2 year old!!you are a trooper!!

kteuscher said...

Sorry about that, I'll try to keep my mouth shut next time.

Melvin and Carly said...

Ah, some people. Open mouth, insert foot. I'm sure you were still very gracious to her, in spite of her insensitive (and clearly foolish) remark.

The Giles said...

That's so funny - just today I was leaving Costco, pushing a cart loaded with food one handed, because the box of diapers fell and I was carrying that in another hand (2 kids in front of course). A guy walked by and said "God Bless". I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that comment.

McCauley Family said...

Why oh why oh why do people say such things, obviously without thinking!?! You do exude confidence and look as if you always have it under control so really it could be a very strange compliment.

littlefox said...

Amen Sister!!!! I get really annoyed when people say things like that to me at the most inopportune times. It is not a competition!