So, it is with tradition, spirit, and honor that we finally threw away the bunny ears that adorned our television for seven years and made the bold move to Direct TV! It's time to indoctrinate our children with a love and passion for BYU. Already, Andrew runs throughout the house and chants, "BYU Footbal!" Saturday's game (a win for the Cougs, might I mention) was exciting for many reasons, but I had this giddy feeling as I thought of it as our first of many BYU football games for our family of little boys! No, they didn't sit attentively for 3+ hours, but the tradition begins!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
It Begins
I remember going to my first BYU football game. There was such excitement in the air! I went with my dad and I think one of my sisters. It started out as a hot afternoon, but when we left it was dark and there was a chill in the air. The stadium awed me and it was such a thrill. Of course BYU won, but they could have lost and I would have been just as happy. I've been a BYU fan since I can remember. Maybe I was born with it. It's where my parents met and fell in love. I was a BYU cheerleader for many Halloweens, it's where my parents always told me I'd go to college, it's where my cousins (whom I adored) went, it's the only place I applied to when graduating from high school! I had no doubt it was where I wanted to be. I'm sure Mike had those same feelings about our beloved alma mater.
So, it is with tradition, spirit, and honor that we finally threw away the bunny ears that adorned our television for seven years and made the bold move to Direct TV! It's time to indoctrinate our children with a love and passion for BYU. Already, Andrew runs throughout the house and chants, "BYU Footbal!" Saturday's game (a win for the Cougs, might I mention) was exciting for many reasons, but I had this giddy feeling as I thought of it as our first of many BYU football games for our family of little boys! No, they didn't sit attentively for 3+ hours, but the tradition begins!
Thanks uncle Adam for hooking us up with our new BYU T's!
So, it is with tradition, spirit, and honor that we finally threw away the bunny ears that adorned our television for seven years and made the bold move to Direct TV! It's time to indoctrinate our children with a love and passion for BYU. Already, Andrew runs throughout the house and chants, "BYU Footbal!" Saturday's game (a win for the Cougs, might I mention) was exciting for many reasons, but I had this giddy feeling as I thought of it as our first of many BYU football games for our family of little boys! No, they didn't sit attentively for 3+ hours, but the tradition begins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
GO COUGS!! It makes me want matching t-shirts for our little clan.
You guys look awesome in your BYU t-shirts!!! What a great tradition to start.
Do they make those T's in red? You'd think you'd be converted by now!
You all look so darn cute!!
nice blog! Devin is a huge fan of BYU football, and he usually gets season tickets... sadly this year we cannot afford it, but we were at the first one of the season! :) It was so fun! Your boys are so cute! miss ya!
Go B-Y-U Cougars!! We still wear our BYU shirts every gameday. Haley even gets them all out for us.... :) Tradition!!!
Cougars are better then Huskers anyways. Go BYU!!! =) Cute matching t'shirts...love it.
Love it! Audrey learned part of the fight song last year. We'll have to work on the rest of it. Rah rah rah rah rah! Gooooo Cougars!!
We're with you! Your boys look so cute in all the matching tees. I love the pic with Andrew and Tanner, such fun little buddies! Go cougs. We've been teaching our girls the fight song!
Post a Comment