We had a great day celebrating with Andrew. We went for donuts in the morning, then to the YMCA for some basketball in the kid gym. Andrew loves "baketball" and thought he was pretty cool to go play with mom and his brothers. Mike came home early from work and we enjoyed a classic three year old dinner...mac and cheese (at least it was homemade) and "beggies". Then, we opened gifts and had some neighbors over for cake and ice cream.
Happy Birthday to our big boy! I'll end with some of our favorite one-liners from Andrew right now.
"Come on, wets check it out!"--This phrase is used all the time and in many different circumstances.
"Mom, you did a weawy good job up dere."-- Always said as we're leaving the Y after a workout.
"Frosty the kangaroo"-- This started at Christmas and has continued. He thinks he's so funny to change the words to songs. Sometimes it's Frosty the elephant, snake, tiger...you get the idea.
"Just one more book." or "Just one more page."--This kid loves to read and I love finding him reading in his room on his own!
"C...C...tookie"-- We're learning our letters right now and in preschool the letter C was for cookie. Andrew knows he's being funny when he switches these sounds.
"Mom, now we can use dis big dinasour!"--This phrase is always said with great enthusiasm! Andrew is the first one awake in our house and knows that he needs to be quiet until T &R wake up (not that he always does it). When he hears them waking up he gets excited because he can play with his dinasaurs that walk and make noises.
"Mom, I brave!"-- This is usually said as we're driving somewhere. I feel like the car is where Andrew does his thinking and it's always interesting to hear what he has to say. This coment is always out of the blue and such a matter-of-fact statement.
4 comments:
Look at that cake!!! Wow, Liz! You need a blog especially for cake decorating. For real! :) Happy birthday little boy.
Happy birthday Andrew! What a cake! Great job, Liz. And Happy Birthday to you almost a week late. Hope you had a good one too.
oh my what a fabulous cake!! I love it. happy bday to andrew.
Happy B-day Andrew! I love the lion cake! I can't believe he is 3!
Post a Comment