We had the best Christmas! This was our first year staying home and doing our own thing. We were lucky to have my parents come join us and it made for a very special Christmas for us all.
Christmas Eve we had delicious dinner and then put on our own version of the nativity. Mike fashioned a killer crown from tin foil for Reid. 
Here's the crew! (Yes, I realize all my pictures are fuzzy. I didn't know we had serious fingerprints on our camera until days after Christmas, possibly even into the new year). When the kings and shepherds came to see baby Jesus, Reid gave the baby his sippy cup. We laughed and said they brought him gifts of sippy cups and myrrh. Just a couple of days ago Andrew was bouncing around the house saying, "sippy cups and myrrh." It's funny what they remember.
Christmas morning came early and we all gathered in Tanner and Reid's room before walking out to the tree.
The best gift of the season was a nylon tunnel from Santa! Everyone loves this toy, even grown ups!

It was so great to have nana and papa! My kids love them and it really made Christmas even more exciting having them in our home.



Whenever anyone asked Andrew what he wanted from Santa he said a lion and a tiger. This kid loves animals! The last gift opened was Andrew's long-desired lion and tiger. It was priceless to see him open them. He was in awe and said, "Mom, this is all I ever wanted. My lion and my tiger." It melted my heart. For days he kept saying the same line. I was so glad Santa made his Christmas and gave him all he ever wanted!
We recently joined the YMCA and made a few swimming trips over the Christmas break. Our friends, the Meikles' joined us twice. Yes, everyone looks tired and cold in these pictures, but our kids love swimming. This was just the end of the trip. 
We also went to the Children's Museum, another favorite place for the kiddos.


Other highlights of Chrismtas break include:
Watching lots of movies, including the Curious George movie many times!
Eating lots of treats
Playing games
Going through 8 lbs. of butter!
Loosing track of what day it is!
Playing and playing with all our new toys
Staying up too late
Not doing house cleaning or laundry and just relaxing!
Christmas is even more magical and fun with little ones, and this year was no exception for our family!
5 comments:
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday this Sunday!! Hope you know that I am older than you. grrrr. That's my birthday present to you. :) Aren't we still 17 and heading off to Mexico to bake ourselves in the sun, fish off the coast of the Baja, dance until we dropped, and get lost in downtown Guaymas? Love you! I have so many fond memories of you.
How fun! I didn't realize you got to spend Christmas with your parents this year.....how fun! (Well, i gues they spent it with you!)....I love the pic of your parents and kids in the big chair at the museum! How cute!!!
We read the shark book, watched the movie and played with the doctor's set when I babysat. They really liked their presents I can tell you. It's great to see pictures of your family!! I heard you and Colette are coming out next year to see my show when I have one!
So many beautiful moments here. Looks like a wonderful holiday. By the way, I love the family picture you sent with your Christmas card. Amazing that you were able to get all of you looking so nice!
How great that your parents were in town! I have such fond memories of them from Norman. You know, your mom was my YW pres?
Post a Comment