Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A visit to Nana and Papa's

We're still en route to Cincinnati and there will be more posts of our travels to come, but I thought I would post about the first leg of our trip. This week we made a long overdue visit to Nana and Papa's house and we could have stayed forever! We all had such a great time and wish our visit would have lasted longer. The boys loved playing in the new backyard and were so anxious to play outside Tanner and Andrew were still in their jammies!The boys loved Papa's "mook" and loved to pet him. Reid would say, "I go say hi to the mook....hi mook!" I think this made Papa's day!

Nothing like watching a show in Nana and Papa's bed...or a bath in their tub! My dad is such a lover of babies! He loves their soft skin, big smiles, snuggles, and even their spit up! He's in heaven with a baby on his lap and he ate Amelia up while we were there. We played a lot of hide and seek at Nana and Papa's and Mike thought this was a great hiding spot for our boys!

We made a trip to Focus on the Family and also played at the park.

It doesn't get much better than ice cream with Oreos and chocolate syrup on Sunday night. These boys were in heaven!

My dad is retiring this July and I was able to go to his last class he taught at the Air Force Academy. He is such a phenomenal teacher and I was so glad I was able to be in his last class. We had fun conversations with my parents, enjoyed Louie's bread sticks more than once, and enjoyed the down time together as a family. Thanks mom and dad for a great few days!

3 comments:

amy stansel said...

looks like you are having fun!! your kids are so so cute! good luck the rest of the way to Cincinnati

Ashley said...

I hope you had a nice drive. Never done kids and cross country yet. Hoping never. Grant and I are in Columbus now and would love to see you guys sometime this summer. Hope to see you soon!

Torrey said...

I'm so so sad we didn't get to see each other before you left. It looks like you are having a great time already though. Wanna come over for dinner in August??? ;)