Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Annie's Visit

Annie is a dear friend of ours from Nebraska and we were so happy she decided to come visit for our last two weeks in Cincinnati. We had a great time having her in our "home" and we think she had a pretty great time too!

We were wrapping up our stay in Ohio and although there's lots of necessary things to do, we tried to get out and have fun with our visitor. Here are some of the highlights of Annie's visit.
Games! The kids all played lots of games like Go Fish, Hide n' Seek, Dominoes, etc. Then, after the little kids were in bed, Annie, Mike and I would play Quiddler (a great game if you're interested!). We made one last trip to Parky's Farm. It was a little disappointing, as the HUGE pig my boys were dying to see had been sold. Andrew was pretty heartbroken about it, but has since recovered. It was also summer camp day, so twelve gazillion kids were roaming unattended and I realize I'm not a crowd person when I have my kids in tow.
One evening we had a huge storm and the kids ate ice cream with their faces glued to the window watching the lightening and rain.

We did LOTS of swimming! The night before we moved, Annie and I even went for a late night swim.
The kids put on a few plays for us. This one is Jonah and the whale. Annie is God, Andrew is Jonah, and T&R are the whale. They did a great job!

Annie was great to help out with Amelia-- carrying her around, changing her diaper and getting her dressed. She also read the boys endless books and was so much fun to have around. Thanks for visiting Annie, please come visit again!

No comments: