Sunday, June 19, 2011

Summer Happening so far

So far we are really enjoying Michigan! We've had a few hiccups with our old van, but overall it's been a smooth move and we're having some good ol' summer fun. We had two days that were super hot (set records for the state kind of hot). We took the kids for a bike ride and this is how the bike ride ended...hot, sweaty, red-faced, and with a popsicle.
We're excited to have sprinklers, but even more excited to have a yard! We haven't had a yard since leaving Lincoln and it has been so nice to easily be outside as a family.


The boys have been saving their money for water guns and we went shopping for them this last week while Mike was out of town. We've had hours upon hours of entertainment with water guns and a backyard, amazing!
Friday night we were going to go for a bike ride around the neighborhood, but instead decided to take the training wheels off of Andrew's bike! Mike helped Andrew for a bit and he did great (I forgot to snap pictures!). So, Andrew biked for a bit and the rest of us played in the yard, then we had popsicles on the porch and it was a lovely evening!


We've picked strawberries, visited the nature center, been to Home Depot and Lowes more times than I care to admit, the auto shop knows us by name, we've had play dates, and two dinner guests. Three weeks into it and I think we're getting in a groove. Now I need to just hang some pictures on our walls!

ps-I love these hot, sweaty, dirty kids!

1 comment:

Eric & Gretchen said...

Well hot is better than cold and rainy like it has been in Provo. I keep wondering where summer is. I guess we will find it in Michigan. We arrive on the 29th and can't wait to see you guys and your house!!!