Since we no longer have cousins nearby, we didn't have a cousin party, but instead started the season with a Halloween party with friends. We thought it would be a nice way for Andrew to get to know some of the kids in his class and celebrate this fun, spooky holiday. 
Tanner and Reid invited a friend from their primary class, Theo. He lives close by and they enjoy playing together here and there.

Amelia's shirt says, "I love my Mummy" and I suppose it's only appropriate that her baby doll is lovingly placed on her tag blanket with a light saber on top for protection. What a great little mummy she is to her baby!
Next was the ward Trunk or Treat and carnival games. More sugar, more fun.

Carving pumpkins happened in the eleventh hour! Mike was gone a lot in October and the Sunday night before Halloween was the only time we could squeeze it in. Alas, the pumpkins were carved and ready to dawn our porch on the big night.
We didn't have school on Halloween, so we joined a few neighbors for a party. It was so nice of Karen to host everyone and the kids had a great time.

Cole, Luke, and Andrew didn't plan it, but all three boys were Star Wars characters. Very fitting.
Left to right: Tanner (Clone Trooper), Ried (Darth Vader), Amelia (Princess Leia, yes I made those awesome buns!), Andrew (Jengo Fett).
Halloween night was beautiful! This is how we went out, no coats or anything! The kids had a great time, and so did we. I love where we live. The whole neighborhood was out trick-or-treating together, pulling kids in wagons, and chit chatting while kids ran from door to door.
When we finally called it a night, we headed home, turned on the fire, and sorted our candy. I love this part of Halloween, it feels so cozy. All in all, this holiday was a success.



1 comment:
Love Amelia's princess leia buns! That's great you hosted a Halloween party. I love how sociable you guys are. Just like Camie, you guys have a partying kind of house. Love it!
Post a Comment