We took advantage of our dear friends from MBA school and left our kids for a night away. The kids stayed with Eric and Gretchen while Mike and I explored Holland, MI. We were supposed to camp, but the campground in Holland (a cement parking lot with RV's) wasn't quite what we were picturing , so we headed to Holiday Inn Express instead. We spent an evening on the beach and then another morning on the beach hammering out our annual planning. We then had lunch at a quaint bakery in picturesque downtown Holland. It was a nice get away, lovely to just be us for 24 hrs.
We hosted a few MBA families for Sunday dinner. So fun to have friends when you've moved somewhere new.
And of course, October brings lots of leaves! Never a leaf pile without children.
2 comments:
I'd be interested to know what you mean by "annual planning."
Ahhhahahahah!! I totally served in Holland - my last area before returning home! But I never got to go to the beach - it looks beautiful. Glad you guys could leave the kiddos - how nice to have other MBA families close by. We are currently having our 4th snowstorm of the winter already! So count yourselves lucky:)
Post a Comment