Saturday, October 06, 2012

An Ideal Day

If I'm going to go over my due date, this was the perfect way to spend a day.  I've been wanting to document Home Depot day because it's one of our favorite family outings.  The first Saturday of every month, you can usually find our family at Home Depot and we love it!  The kids get to make their projects and feel such a sense of accomplishment.  People are always amazed that we walk in with four kids, we usually get lots of comments, especially with my pregnant belly.  








 Tanner has really gotten independent in making his project.  He was so focused on hammering, too bad my camera wasn't focused on getting the picture.
 After Home Depot we headed to a charming pumpkin patch!  It's exactly what I think a pumpkin patch should be.  It's locally owned, non commercialized, had a little corn maze, and the pumpkins were the right price.  The kids had a great time looking though the patch for the perfect pumpkins!






 We got home and warmed up with hot chocolate and macaroni and cheese for lunch, then cozied up on the couch to watch the semi-annual General Conference for our church.  It was such a nice afternoon!  The kids were surprisingly attentive, the talks were excellent, so uplifting, and enjoyed having Mike home all day!

Mike took all the kids to a neighbor's birthday party where they rode horses and played at a ranch while I talked with my mom, made granola and picked up the house (which involved too much bending over, the only bad part of the day).

The day seemed perfect, cozy, and delightful!  I'll go over my due date if I can have more days like this!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

What a fun weekend!