Friday, December 15, 2006

The Spirit of Christmas is Alive!

Yesterday, I was the grateful recipient of a great deed! I had been out running errands for a couple of hours and came home to nap Andrew, make dinner, and get the house ready for the young men in our ward to come and make gingerbread houses. I received a phone call from a very nice woman who explained that she had been out shopping and found a check that belonged to me in the parking lot of Shopko! She wasn't from Lincoln, just in town to do Christmas shopping and was headed home soon. I quickly loaded Andrew up and met her at Target. She was SO sweet! She said that at first she was going to turn it into Shopko, but then she realized she didn't know what they would do with it. She then thought she could shred it, but then she said she knew it was Christmas and the check was for a good amount and whomever it belonged to would probably need the money now. So, she tracked me down! I thanked her profusely and she was on her way.
I've thought a great deal about her honesty and kindness. She went out of her way to do something thoughtful and nice for someone she didn't even know. That is the true spirit of Christmas and it's nice to know it's alive and thriving despite the busy and sometimes discouraging world we live in!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--that is really awesome. How did she ever find you? What a great story--thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

I love this story! That was so kind of her and such a blessing to you!

Ralph and Teresa said...

She called me first because it was Mike's birthday check I had sent to him. She used the I.D. information on the check. I then gave here Liz' phone number. I was truly touched, as well!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

That is such a great story. I can't believe she actually took the time to hunt you down. How awesome!

Anonymous said...

Don't loose your check again!