With the winter season upon us there are two things I feel I need to share!
1. My skin always gets so dry during the winter months, but I discovered something last year that has helped incredibly. It's a product called Olay Moisturerinse, In Shower Body Lotion (you can get it at Target, Walmart, or maybe your grocery store). You use it like a conditioner for your skin and it's wonderful! Be sure to buy the "deep moisturization for extra dry skin." You'll be hooked if you start using it! Last year Mike was complaining about how dry and itchy his skin was and I told him to try it- he now uses it daily during the winter months!
2. I also want to share one of my new favorite recipes. These waffles are super yummy and makes your home smell delicious and festive! We have really come to love making them and they are especially great if you happen to have whipped cream on hand. Enjoy!
Molases Ginger Waffles
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, separated
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. molases
1 c. milk
Mix all dry ingredients, set aside. Beat eggwhites until peaks form, set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar together- add egg yolks, molases, and milk. Add dry ingredients. Then fold in egg whites. Cook in your waffle maker and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay!! We'll have waffles for dinner tomorrow--sounds delish! And I definitely second the Olay moisturrinse--a pregnancy and wintertime must have!
Post a Comment