Sunday, August 12, 2007

I love good friends!

Late last night we got a phone call from Mark and Tami Iba and family. Mark was our bishop and friend in KS and Tami is the kind of person whom everyone feels like you're kindred spirits with! They were on their way home from UT and wanted to stop in and go to church with us-- what a treat! We met them at church this morning and I have to say it was quite the teaser. We got to see them, but we didn't get much time together. Although our visit was short, I love how good it feels to see old friends. The Ibas love the Christensen family and we love the Ibas!

So, this post goes out to all our good friends! From California to Washington D.C., Wisconsin to Texas and everywhere inbetween!

"True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island….to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing." -- Baltasar Gracian

7 comments:

Camie said...

We love good friends too--and good family!!

Alisa said...

I agree Liz!! I think good friend, in and out of family, are true treasures!!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a good friend!It makes it hard to leave them but all the more sweet to see one another again.

The Giles said...

I'm grateful for good friends - like YOU. And I also say your old roommate Liz Young at my ward on Sunday. She was visiting and sat in front of me, but darted after the meeting and I didn't get to talk to her, but just say hello during the meeting. That's the second time I've seen her in one of my wards.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Good friends really are blessings and definitely make life a little more exciting.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

PS Isn't it great how you can always pick up with a good friend right where you left off...no matter how long it has been!

Anne Marie said...

Definitely! It always feels so great to reconnect with friends. I love that quote.