Here is a picture of our boys on our walk yesterday. For now, Tanner and Reid share a seat, but just wait until I pull out the triple stroller! Yup, that's right! This bad boy is huge, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do to get out with three kiddos under 20 months!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Getting Out
Last Wednesday Mike had stake meetings and I decided that we all needed to get out and kill some time. Since then, I've tried to get out for a walk every day and it has felt so good to get some fresh air and get moving again, even if it's slow. I realize how out of shape I am, as I have been on some sort of bedrest since May!
Here is a picture of our boys on our walk yesterday. For now, Tanner and Reid share a seat, but just wait until I pull out the triple stroller! Yup, that's right! This bad boy is huge, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do to get out with three kiddos under 20 months!
As an informal poll-- how many strollers do you moms have? Mike was giving me a hard time about how many strollers are housed in our garage, but I swear that I need them all!
Here is a picture of our boys on our walk yesterday. For now, Tanner and Reid share a seat, but just wait until I pull out the triple stroller! Yup, that's right! This bad boy is huge, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do to get out with three kiddos under 20 months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I have 2 here and 1 in Utah that I forgot to get back when we were there this summer. Ideally, I would have 3, single umbrella, double umbrella, and double jogger. - Natasha
Cute!!! I used to think Andrew was little, but not anymore against those babies!!!
Liz, this is your old friend Nikki Purdy from Courtside in the BYU days... I think we might have a mutual friend in Rebecca McConkie Smiley. I often check her blog and there was a comment on there today that sort of led me to searching for your blog. Congratulations on the twins! That is so great and amazing. All 3 of your boys are adorable. Anyway, it is fun to catch up on old friends every once in a while. I ran into Mandy and Dave earlier this year in UT. I got married in April, and we had an open house and my husband's family's place in Provo. We were running and bumped into Mandy and Dave. Small world. I hope you won't mind if I come back and check on you every now and then.
nikki purdy kelly
nixmusings.blogspot.com
Your kiddos look so cute! I'm so glad you've been able to get out. I have 3 strollers myself, 1 double, 1 double jogger, and 1 single umbrella, although I would honestly love a double umbrella.
Well I do have to say I only have one stroller right now, but need a new one for baby #2. I'm on the hunt for a double stroller. Suggestion? Maybe I ought to do a poll on my blog and see.
I have 4 strollers (for 2 kids - which my husband finds absurd). I have 1 double jogger, 1 double umbrella, 1 single umbrella, and 1 snap-n-go (for the infant carseat - see, so that one doesn't really count since it's just for the infant stage). Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without any of them! :)
Ladies,
Thanks for confirming my belief that we have an excess of strollers! Let's just say that we are now the owners of a single, a double and a triple jogging stroller, a single umbrella stroller, and a single 'click and go' system stroller. Count them! That's 5! A little excessive, but I trust Liz on these things!
Liz...way to get out. Your boys look so cute all snuggled up in one seat. I think it is important to have strollers for all situations. You are going to love your triple. We have used ours a couple times this week and have enjoyed it so much. Thanks for letting me know about it. I am so happy!:)
Hey Christensen's (this is Kira Lambert - Derrel's sis.) I just noticed your link on Kim's blog. CUTE kiddies! Look's like you've come a long way since the Hillcrest ward days. BTW, I only have 2 kids...but 3 strollers (4 if you count Lanette's doll stroller :)
Mike and Elizabeth, Congratulations on the babies! What precious little boys! And I am happy to see you have decided on the stroller situation. Yes Mike, it is necessary to have different strollers for your different occasions and moods. I can't say how many times I have said THANK YOU when I find myself needing to haul my two sleeping kids in my double stroller somewhere.
Liz, I totally agree with you that a mom needs a variety of strollers. I have purchased a total of 6 strollers since Abby was born 6 years ago to suit the needs of the stages we went through: the travel system w/carseat, jogger, umbrella, a double (when Sadie came along), another single (when we left ours in Grandma's garage after a long visit home from Italy), and then most recently, a snap-n-go. We've gotten rid of some of them, and now we've narrowed it down to a single and the snap-n-go. When Linsey had Anna she labored over what stroller to buy, and I told her not to worry, that it won't be the only stroller she'll have!
Liz, I stumbled across your blog from another and I wanted to say "hi." I had to laugh at your stroller question. AS of now I have 6 different strollers in my garage! 2 doubles, 2 umbrellas, 1 single jogger, and the carseat system. My most recent stroller purchase was just a week ago--I mean, who can pass up the new swivel wheel on the double jogger! I think it's a mom thing. congrats on your twins, they are gorgeous. Tiffany Idiart
I thought my double stroller was huge--I bet a triple stroller is enormous! For the record, I have three strollers, (that doesn't count my bike carrier that converts to a stroller) and I'm looking to get a new jogging stroller. Oh yeah, I only have one baby now, not three. I'm a horrible friend--your baby present is still sitting at my house, unmailed, because I can't find the packaging tape. Sorry.
lis this is so cute of them sharing a seat!!! I totally agree on the stroller thing. Yes, they take up lots of room but they are all used for different things. We have 5 strollers!!! Crazy but true!!
I have 4 strollers. I don't think you are out of the ordinary!! You have to be able to strap those boys down while you are out--you won't ever get anything done otherwise!!
I love your pictures. They are all growing up so fast!
Post a Comment