Monday, November 12, 2007

Hooked!

We loved having my mom and Mike's mom come help us with the babies and we're so sad they're gone. My mom left last Thursday and we were sad to see her go, but she had a bounce in her step all day long before getting on her flight. She was so excited to see my dad! I love how in love they are with each other and after all these years they still have that spark! She really was quite giddy about getting to see him. We had a great time with mom and she helped me figure out how I'm going to do things like grocery shopping, Target, the library, laundry, house cleaning, and cooking with three kiddos under two! She worked her guts out while she was here and helped me so much! I'm curious to see if our lives go as smoothly without her here-- I seriously doubt it!

As Mom C. and Mom Hasler were here for such long times, it was inevitable that they would introduce us to some of their favorite foods. Their favorites have become our favorites and I have to say that I'm hooked to two things. First, Mom C. introduced us to Honey Maid Bees. They're so yummy! It's something about the texture, but I think I could eat a whole box! My mom introduced us to her "gourmet oatmeal." My parents are super healthy eaters and I didn't know what to expect when she offered to make me her "gourmet oatmeal." It was delicious and is now a favorite of mine. She tops her oatmeal with frozen raspberries (which are heated and melted by the hot oatmeal) and then tops it with Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt. Super delicious and super healthy! Give it a try!

7 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

Yum!

I'm sure you'll survive without your mom!

Anne Marie said...

It's so great your mom was able to be out there so long! Good luck with doing things on your own! The oatmeal does sound very delish.

Camie said...

HEy Liz!
We love the honey maid bees too!! We learned about them this summer at the reunion--you were probably resting!!

And maybe you should throw a handful of walnuts on your oatmeal to really make it healthy--I read all about the benefits of walnuts today while I was at the hospital!

The Taylors said...

Thanks for the yummy oatmeal idea. I need all the help I can get after my Halloween candy binge and with all the holidays coming up.

I'm so glad you have had so much help so you could survive the first couple months better. I'm looking forward to some entries about your adventures in packing around 3 babies. Ahhh, the good times.

The Giles said...

You need to share the gourmet oatmeal recipe. I don't like oatmeal and it would probably do me good to eat some. if you don't post it, email me.

Katie and Eric said...

The oatmeal sounds really yummy, thanks for sharing.

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Liz, you are such a champ, I'm sure you'll do just fine without your moms there! (But I know how you feel when they leave--it is so sad and more than slightly overwhelming!) I love the pics of your cute little boys--they are getting so big already! Sure love and miss you!