Monday, November 26, 2007

Mike's birthday

We celebrated Mike's birthday at the beginning of November and I realize I'm a little late getting this posted, but we've been a little busy. Mike had a great day at work with his team taking him out to lunch and meetings all afternoon- what more could he ask for?! When he came home we opened gifts before heading out the door for dinner. Mike's basketball didn't make it home from Thursday night ball a few months ago, so we got him a new one. He is also a huge hot chocolate drinker and loves Steven's Hot Cocoa, so we got hime a huge can of it from Sam's club.
The last gift was my brain child that I thought of months ago and have been so excited to give hime! Those of you who know Mike know that he appreciates a finely pressed shirt, so much so that he pulls out the ironing board every night and irons his shirt for the next day. He aspires for the day that we have a budget that can accomodate dry cleaning all his shirts. So after Mike went to work, I pulled all of his shirts out of his closet and the dirty clothes and took them to the dry cleaners and had them rush the shirts! When he came home I made him play hot and cold to find the shirts and his face was the greatest when he found them in the front closet! I think it was his best present by far! We then went to iHop for dinner (Mike loves a good dose of breakfast grease) and then came home for his traditional German Chocolate cake!! I love you, honey!! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Liz said...

what a cute wife! that is a great idea, liz!

The Giles said...

Matt too can't wait for the day that our budget allows us to take all his shirts to the dry cleaners. But he doesn't iron his, so he usually goes wrinkly.

Monique said...

Iron? What's that? :) We actually gave away many of Brandon's shirts that were horribly wrinkly and get only wrinkle free now. sigh.
How old do your children have to be before you can you teach them to iron? :)

April said...

That looks very similar to an event at your house last summer, with the same cake and cake plate. Yummy cake!
Dry cleaning would be a fancy thing do with your shirts regularly. I love that it was a special treat for his birthday.

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

oh my....that bring tears to my eyes....i know how much he loves ironed shirts!!!! That is so awesome....what a wonderful gift of love and thought!!! by the way, i tried calling you mike, but never got through....i owe you a call!!!!

Sarah Sedgwick Anderson said...

The shirt story just puts a big smile on my face! In fact, Jake would love that too and his birthday is coming up.....

Glenn said...

MMMMMM......German Chocolate......