Last week we ventured out to Target for our worst shopping trip since Tanner and Reid were born! We set out to purchase many things including, formula, diapers, and, most importantly, two car seats for Tanner and Reid. I was destined for disaster when I went to Target's cafe to get my "tide us over until lunch pretzel" and got in line behind of family of six ordering full lunches from the one flustered employee behind the counter. My kids were melting down before we even got our snack or started shopping! When I realized they didn't have my car seats (which had been there just two weeks previous), I gave up the battle and came home with a half finished shopping list.
Later that day, I was talking with my wise sister, Sarah, and told her of my shopping woes. Immediately, she said, "Lizzie, get on Amazon.com and order your car seats with free shipping, and they'll arrive at your front door while your children are sleeping." It sounded so dreamy! So, I did it! They arrived and it didn't even involve loading and unloading my three boys in and out of my van and the cart in cold rain. It didn't involve any tantrums or siblings hitting. It didn't involve me feeling like someone had just turned the heat up in Target to 103 degrees! They just arrived by way of a very nice FedEx delivery man. Amazon.com could soon become my new best friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah for a stress-free "shopping" trip! That is some great advice Sarah. :)
LOVE AMAZON!!!
Since Amazon is our benefactor I have to commend you for your purchase. You should look into subscribing to "Amazon Prime." 50 or 60 bucks for the year get you free shipping on so many items. I frequent Amazon for diapers, some dry goods, and just tonight I bought a bike helment from Amazon Prime.
That's my kind of shopping! In the future, you might also try www.albeebaby.com. They have a large selection of baby stuff and it's usually at a pretty good price. (Dallin's car seat was $119 at Target; we got it for $70 on sale at this site.)
Oh, I do love internet shopping. It can be such a lifesaver for a mama.
Amazon has been my favorite shopping store for the last three years now. Thats how christmas got done this year!! I go to the Dr tomorrow to see how big these babies are. I hurt so bad and can barely walk. You need to call me when you get a chance. Im home all the time!!!!
Post a Comment