Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Firsts

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted! We've been busy with moving, settling in, and starting school. Here are a few of the firsts we've experienced in the last month.

We had our first vacation without children! Mike and I have only once left our boys for less than 24 hours. After a summer apart, we were so excited to spend three days in Park City. Another first on this trip...our first massages! We could definitely get used to that.


We made our first visit to Thanksgiving Point! We've never really lived near cousins and it's been fun to get together for outings like this. All of my boys are loving their cousins and ask daily if we can play with them! Our first time celebrating grandma C.'s birthday! Actually, she was in our home taking care of us when I was on bed rest with Tanner and Reid two years ago. But this time we didn't make her mow the lawn, clean the house, do laundry, or anything of the sort! I made dinner and a cake, Adam made a pie, and we had a great time together.

Our first trip to the Provo River! It was fun to play in the river, throw rocks, and splash.

Andrew started his first day of preschool and he's loving it! He goes twice a week for an hour and a half, but he loves being with other kids and learning different things. We found a great preschool with an excellent teacher that we're excited about. Don't you love that intense smile?!And, our big big daddy started his first day of school! I was too tired to get out of bed when he left, so this picture is at the end of the day. We are so excited for Mike to start this program and know he will be very successful, that's his style!

One last first...we found out that we're having our first GIRL! We can hardly believe it! I've felt like we're having a girl all along, but it's still weird to think that we're going to have a girl in our family, we just know boys. We are so excited!!!
.
Lots of other things have happened, but I won't bore you with details of the last month. I will say, however, that Provo has come alive! Classes started yesterday and it's been fun to see all the students arrive. I always loved pulling into Provo in the fall! There is such excitement and energy in this town. Students pull up in cars packed with all their precious belongings, everyone is meeting new friends, people are always out running, couples are flirting, and football is about to begin (yes, we bought tickets!). It's a different experience with three children and one on the way, but I still love it! Mike thinks it's "mass mayhem," but he's just an old grad student who lives in "Husband Heaven" -aka: the Tanner building! Ha!

We're back to the blogging world, so there will be more excitement to come!

18 comments:

Shelby said...

amen to Husband Heaven. I love the Tanner...haha
And I love Provo and being back! People everywhere and things to do and I'm not behind w/ my homework yet! Lemme know where you guys are living and I'll stop by sometime between classes, homework and living backstage for the next month!
So happy about the GIRL!!

Lana said...

Congrats! I dont think I even knew you were pregnant. Anyhow, send me your address so I can get you your pillow back!=)

Melvin and Carly said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy but having fun! I'm sure Mike will do great in his program - and I'm sure YOU will too! Congratulations on your girl, too. So excited for you. I'll be interested to see how different she is from your boys. :)

Kara and Kevin said...

Congrats Liz and Mike! I am so happy that you are pregnant and also that you are having a little girl. Sounds like you are settling into Provo and that you are doing well. Hopefully you're having a good pregnancy!

Liz said...

i love all the firsts! and, when i got mike's text about you guys having a girl i was busy with lots of kids at a park and never responded. i am so, so excited for you guys. i'm hoping to follow your trend for my next one. (no, not an announcement!)

Anne Marie said...

Congrats on the news about your girl!!!! Very happy for you guys. Hope everything goes well as you get settled into your new schedule.

Marianne said...

Congrats on your baby girl! That is what we just found out we are having and I can't wait! I also know nothing about raising a girl (or boy for that matter), but it's still so exciting! I hope you are enjoying Provo!

Katie and Eric said...

Hooray for a girl! We are so excited for you guys. What a fun time of life for you guys. I think it would be fun to be back in Provo. I love you lots!

wendysue said...

So exciting Elizabeth!! A girl! A lucky girl with all those big brothers to take care of her!

April said...

Yeah!!! I love all your firsts and I love that I got to be a part of at least one of them.

So excited you are having a GIRL!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

Gosh....I don't check blogs for a few days, and look at what I miss out on.....anouncement like you are having a GIRL!!!! How exciting....get the pink!!! Those boys are just going to love and protect her like brothers do!!! I love the picture of Mike for a classic first day of school picture....I didn't know those were still taken after high school!!!

Monique said...

Congrats on the GIRL!!! woohoo! And for living in Provo, you have a lovely green lawn. Looks so lush. We are looking forward to hearing about your life becuase that could be us in bit... who knows?

Catie said...

A Girl?! Husband Heaven?! BYU Football tickets?! Could your life be any more exciting!?! We're so happy for you guys. I think of you all the time Liz! xoxo

amy stansel said...

I loved seeing all the pictures. hope you are doing well. email everyone your contact info. I have been wanting to call you but don't know your #.

Mandy said...

A girl! Congrats Liz. All I can say is they are so different from boys. I know it seems obvious, but it will be shocking. Even the sounds newborn boys make differ from newborn girls. So fun. Enjoy your MBA days. They go fast! xoxoMandy

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! Girls are so fun. What a lucky little sister to have three big brothers to look after her.
The Butters' Family

Sheri said...

Congrats Liz - on everything! Grad school - what an intense, hard, really FUN time. And a girl - I'm so jealous! Hopefully I'll have one of those someday.

Ashley said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you that everything seemed to work out this time around. And a girl! So exciting.