Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Favorite Pictures

The last week and a half have been quite eventful for our family, and so I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures as of late.

This is how you know you had your fourth child while in grad school! Even with a new baby, homework doesn't go away! Here's Mike in the hospital holding Amelia while getting a little reading done.The boys loved exploring the hospital room and my water bottle was one of the found treasures. These two were hilarious helping each other get drinks. The nurses were kind enough to give me a second water bottle, so I didn't have to fight my two-year-olds for a drink!It's so fun to get to live near family when you have a baby because you get visitors! It was great to have April come down and see our newest addition to the family when she was just hours old!
I really loved how the world stops for a few days when you have a new baby! My time in the hospital with Amelia was so precious! Our room was quiet and peaceful, the nurses were actually great at giving us space, we didn't turn on the TV, no distractions except for three adorable boys who would show up every once and a while. It was just nice to have a couple quiet days with this little one.
I love how everyone is so interested in seeing her new little feet. Adorable!
One of the nurses brought in a bowl full of cookies for the boys. Check out Reid's bite!Mike and Nana made welcome home signs with the boys. It was adorable to see them so excited to show us their signs and to welcome home their little sister. We've been impressed with how gentle and sweet these boys are with their sister.
Here's Reid checking out "baby sissy's" little hands. Mike and I keep commenting on how easy one baby seems compared to two. Nursing, diapering, napping, snuggling, is a breeze with one babe!
This last picture is classic! I will say they posed nicely for a picture, but when we were done, the swords took over! It will be fun, and interesting, to see how our little Amelia fits in with this rowdy crowd!
It was fun to have my mom here for a week to help our family out. They boys had a great time going on walks with here and playing games. She's home now and we wish she lived a little closer!

7 comments:

Camie said...

Great snapshots of your last week. What a unique time for you and I'm glad you are enjoying the wonders of having 'just one baby'. I guess it's all relative! Amelia has some adorable, squeezable little pink cheeks--and what a cute hat for her! Thanks for the update!

Anne Marie said...

So many beautiful pictures of your family and new baby. I adore her pink hat. Your boys are just darling with her. Laughing about the twins vs. singleton comparison! I haven't had a baby since having my twins, but I'm sure the contrast would be stark. Amelia is just as sweet as can be. (I may be strictly forbidden from coming to your blog in the near future...just so I don't get any baby hunger pangs:)

The Giles said...

Ha - I guess maybe having four kids won't seem so bad because you only have one baby.

I just love those first few days/weeks with a new baby. HOpe you are feeling good.

amy stansel said...

Ahhhh I love these pictures. Oh wow amelia is in for it. I love the three rambunctious boys with swords and amilia laying there so calm and peaceful. way too cute. i love all the pictures and hope you are all doing well!

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lana said...

Congrats Elizabeth!! She is so beautiful. You will have so much fun with her Im sure. =) You look wonderful!! The pic of Mike reminds me of the pics I have with our kids that have been born while he was going to school. Adorable!!

Valeri said...

I found your blog through April's. I love seeing all the pictures, and getting to know you a little better. What a beautiful family you have! Those little boys certainly love their baby sister. Nice meeting you yesterday - and what a crazy connection our husbands have!