Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our Newest Addition: Amelia Catherine Christensen


We are excited to announce the arrival of the newest addition to our family, Amelia! She was born yesterday at 1:36pm weighing 8 lbs. 10 oz. and is 21 inches long. She is beautiful and we are so excited she finally ended her holdout and joined our family (10 days overdue!). Everything went as smoothly as we could have ever hoped for and both Amelia and mom are doing great.Here's Elizabeth and Amelia shortly after delivery. Both girls looking great!

Elizabeth and I enjoying a peaceful moment with Amelia shortly after delivery.


Andrew, Tanner, and Reid have looked forward to Amelia's arrival as much as anybody and couldn't wait to come up to see their new little "sissy". I think Tanner was trying to figure out exactly who this little baby in his lap was...he soon warmed up to his new little sister!

As you can see, the boys adore Amelia. We have had to take turns as we pass little "sissy" from one boy to the next. So far, Amelia has been a trooper getting passed around.

Reid meeting Amelia for the first time.

A lot has changed in the last four years. We are suddenly a family of six that doesn't quite fit on mom's hospital bed!

As enamored as the boys are with Amelia, she didn't compete with Elizabeth's hospital lunch that got delivered while they were there. Have you ever seen anybody more excited to see hospital food! These boys are hilarious!

The boys and their new little sister. They are proud older brothers!

The whole family in the hospital...all six of us!






40 comments:

We are 3. said...

Congrats!! She is adorable and I love her admiring brothers!

Shelby said...

Yay!! I'm so glad I could help out and that everything went well! She's beautiful. Let me know when I can come say hi!

Unknown said...

Way to go you guys! She's too cute! She will have 3 doting older brothers to look after her, for sure!

Congratulations!

KeriLyn and Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KeriLyn and Matthew said...

She looks cute! Congrats!

Katie said...

Amelia is a doll and I love the name. I am so happy that she is here and love all of the pictures. Andrew, Tanner, and Reid are so cute with her. I can't wait to meet her in person...it makes me sad to realize that I don't know when that will be. We love you guys and are thinking of you.

wendysue said...

Yeah! She's here! So excited to see little Amelia!

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh! Miss Amelia is beautiful!!!! Those pictures of your darling family are priceless. Aren't you glad you already bought 8 stockings? Only 2 more kids to go ;-)

amy stansel said...

yay!! I am so happy for you guys and what a darling name. gosh several days ago i was feeling bad you never called to tell us you had a baby but was thinking that SURELY you already had the baby. But i guess i was wrong. You poor thing liz. I know you were miserable at christmas and then just several weeks ago when i talked to you!! i hope you are all healthy. you guys sure have cute kids and a LOT of them now!!! good luck!!

SeƱora H-B said...

Hooray! Congratulations a million times over! I sure wish we lived closer.

Rachel said...

So happy for you! You look great!

Mandy said...

Finally! Congrats friends! Amelia is gorgeous. Will she be Thoroughly Modern Millie or Amy? And Catherine is such a special middle name. Love the sweet pictures of your family! xoxo

Alisa said...

oh so cute!!! just being there with my first you guys seem so relaxed and chill. i guess things don't seem so stressful and new once it's your 4th:) i love seeing your boys with her! how cute!! can't wait to meet her.

Katie said...

Congrats! You two have such an adorable family.

Amy said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet! Good luck!

Neeley's said...

How wonderful! So happy for your famliy. She is going to be one loved little girl!!

Lizzie said...

Congratulations, guys! This is such wonderful news. She's gorgeous!

Liz said...

you have 4 kids! and a girl! congratulations guys. i can't wait to hear how everything went, lizzie. and to see how this little girl differs from all her brothers. love you guys.

Camie said...

Love the pic of the boys in their vests--and peering into baby sissy's crib. You are a beautiful family. We love you!!

wildthayn said...

Oh my how you're family has grown!! What a beautiful baby girl. I especially love the picture where Tanner is holding her for the first time. Too fun!! I'm so glad your delivery went well... Congratulations!!!!

April said...

And the pregnancy ends!!!! She is so perfect and beautiful. I am so incredibly happy for you guys and I can't wait to get to know this little darling better.

love you!

McCauley Family said...

Holy cow! She is finally here and so cute. I cannot believe just how loved this little girls is! So lucky! We love you, Amelia!

Meghan Smith said...

i'm SO happy you chose Amelia! That is the one i was feeling : ) adorable & perfect! congratulations again, i loved seeing you!

Monique said...

Hooray! YOU look beautiful just after having a baby. Wow. I am so glad everything worked out!! woohoo!

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations!!!!!! So happy for you. She is just darling. Amelia is one of my very favorite girl names. Love it. Beautiful, beautiful family! Wishing you a peaceful recovery.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Congratulations from far away Nebraska!
Michelle Butters

Robert and Kristen said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and you looked great right after having a baby!

Kristy said...

How on earth do you look so beautiful right after delivery? Your face isn't the least bit swollen. Congrats on the beautiful girl and the big family!

Julie L. said...

WHO called it?! WHO said, "Are you sure you're not pregnant?" while you were surrounded by packing boxes? We are so, so happy for all of you--she's so big compared to the boys (Brooke says that's so she can keep them in line). Lots of hugs all around, Julie

Torrey said...

I'm so happy she's finally here and I love her name. I can't wait to come see her. Let us know when you are ready for visitors. Love you!

Anna and Jon said...

hooray! we're so thrilled for your not-so-little family.

GUENTHERS said...

Congratulations, what a cutie! Love the name!

Catie said...

Congratulations Mike and Liz! Amelia is beautiful. I am so, so thankful that she arrived safe and that she and Liz are doing well; you two are all I have thought about the past 11 days. xoxo

Jamie said...

Wahoo! Amelia is here! We are so happy for you guys. What a wonderful addition she is to your family and Elizabeth, you look fantastic. Way to go! Love you guys.

Melvin and Carly said...

It's about time! Congratulations!! She is darling. Love the picture of the boys with her. Liz, you look FABULOUS for just having had a baby.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!! The baby is cute too! ;) seriously, you look amazing. Couldn't you at least look sweaty or something?

I'm so glad she's finally here! Yay for new baby girls!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations! I may have glanced at your window this morning when I was taking the dog out. I saw you walk past and I was wondering if you were still pregnant! Apparently not! Congratulations! I LOVE the name Amelia...so beautiful!

Let me know if you want me to come over and take pictures of her. I'd love to do that for you of you'd like!

Heather
858-663-8940

The Giles said...

YEAH!!! Congrats. I've been dying to check your blog and hear the news, and our computer DIED a few days ago. So I'm at the library. So happy to hear she's hear. I LOVE the name. I'm sure you realize now that we will likely both have daughters named Amelia. That's been on my list for as long as I can remember.

I loved the hospital pics with your whole family. With Joseph they wouldn't let any kids come because of the swine flu virus, so I missed out on those.

Well, you look amazing minutes after birth. Seriously. Hope you are feeling good and loving that little girl.

Happy day!

Heather said...

Hi Elizabeth!

I just uploaded the photos of Amelia and they are beautiful! I hope you like them too!

I know this is SO random, but I have a couple questions about your house (or next door rather). I don't have your e-mail address. Could you just send me an e-mail so I can write to you? Thanks!

-Heather
heathermildenstein@gmail.com

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.