I haven't blogged in a while. I would like to say it's because of a new baby, but it's not. I guess I'm at a loss of words. What do I say about the loss of a dear friend, a sweet mother, a cherished wife, a loving daughter, a kind sister? There is a void that no one can fill but Catie, and she is gone.
The last two and a half weeks have been rough, but I'm so grateful I was able to go to sweet Catie's funeral. I cried harder than I've ever cried, yet I left feeling uplifted. Feeling like I want to be better, I want to try harder, and I want to smile more. I think that's just what Catie would want.
12 comments:
I'm so sorry. I just read about Catie on another friend's blog (they were friends in California, I think). She sounds like she was a wonderful person.
I'm so sorry that your amazing friend is gone; I'm glad that you were able to attend her funeral to say goodbye, for now. Janet
XOXO to you. You are paying her tribute through the life you are living and the love you are giving. So glad you could make the trip.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I read about it too and I haven't cried so hard in a long time. I can't get over why she had to die? I am glad you got to go with all the girls and visit and make memories you can remember now that she is gone. Let me know if her family has needs I can help meet.
I'm so sorry to hear that Elizabeth. What a fantastic friendship you were able to have with her, I remember seeing the pictures of your big trip out there last year. What memories you will have of her!
Oh Elizabeth- Im so sorry. You are an amazing friend!
So sad to hear about the loss of a very dear friend. Glad you were able to go to the funeral. Camie told me about the inspiration for Amelia's beautiful middle name.
Liz, I read Steve's eulogy and just cried. But I also left the blog feeling uplifted and inspired to be a better person because that was the kind of person Catie was. She was a wonderful woman.
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. She sounds like she is a wonderful woman. My thoughts are with you, as well as her family.
I'm so sorry for your loss Liz. You can see in that picture that she is a beautiful and amazing woman. Love you!
Both Barney and I have experienced quite a few deaths, and I can empathize with you that it's really hard to lose a loved one. Aren't you glad that we are just saying "see ya later"?
I am so sorry to hear about Catie's passing. I am glad you were able to spend time with her and your other girlfriends. I'm sure those will be treasured memories you will never forget. My thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment