Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wicked!

For so long I have been dying to see the new broadway performance of Wicked! When I realized that I was only an hour+ away from downtown Chicago (or so I thought), Rachael and I had to get tickets! Unfortunately I left the tickets in Nebraska! Mike came to the rescue and sent them Express Mail and we were so relieved when they arrived just in time.
We arranged for good friends to watch our kids and Rachael's husband, Marshall, was a great sport to come home and put four kiddos to bed on his own. We left many projects, a messy kitchen, four crazy kids and headed to Chicago! We caught dinner at a little bakery and got to the show just in time.
We loved the show! It was everything I dreamed of, and more! The performance was excellent and we had such a fantastic evening in Chicago!


9 comments:

Amy Christine said...

I LOVE WICKED!!!! I saw this show twice when I lived in Chicago and would go again in a heartbeat. Noah is so used to hearing the soundtrack that he requests it when we're in the car (no kidding).

Liz, we're SO LAME for never getting together when you lived in Wisconsin and I lived in Chicago. I'm totally kicking myself over that. L-A-M-E!

Katie and Eric said...

Liz...what a fun week. That is so fun that you got to see Wicked! I have wanted to see it. Keep having fun! Love ya!

The Giles said...

Oh the beloved Wicked! Glad you were able to see it. I saw it in NY, but Matt never did. So...guess we'll have to go back to NY to see it. Darn.

Sounds like you had a great time with Rachel.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

How fun! I LOVED wicked...we saw it last summer in chicago. I am glad that you were able to have such a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet Wicked. In NY there is a Wicked lottery and two hours before the show you go and try to be one of the twenty peope who gets front row sets for 25 bucks. Since there are four hundred people there, you never win. But the funny thing is how often we were willing to try. And how in our fifteen time going to the lottery, every single time we ran into another Mormon. Turns out, that's what Mormons do in a town known for its nightlife.

Amy said...

I agree Liz- Wicked is teh best show ever. Andy and I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Glad you enjoyed. I didn't realize Rachel and fam moved to Wisconsin. Glad you got to go spend some time with her.

Ralph and Teresa said...

I hope to see Wicked someday, also! How fun for you! Glad you are enjoying some of those things now because it won't be long before you'll just be happy to go to the grocery store ALL BY YOURSELF!! Love, Mom C

Alisa said...

I'm so JEALOUS!!! I have been wanting to see that so badly!!!

Shauna Brown said...

So fun! I'm jealous I want to go so bad. By the way, you look like such a hot mom I love it! Loved the story about the fingers- hilarious!