Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Everyone needs their own space

Yesterday I was cleaning up from lunch and realized the house was much too quiet for my 17 month mischevious boy! I started looking around for Andrew and when I poked my head in his room I heard his giggle, but couldn't see him anywhere. I then realized that he was in the 15 inch space between his bookshelf and tubs of clothes in his closet..."reading" books! I could tell he felt so proud of himself that it was his own little space, where only he could fit. He stayed in there for 20 minutes plus, pulling more and more books off his shelf and "reading" them. I found him in the same spot twice later in the afternoon and once again this morning. Such a funnly little guy!

8 comments:

The Giles said...

How cute! That's nice that he loves to crawl in a little corner and rad books. Right now Matthew loves books, but it's mostly taking them off the shelf and throwing them down the stairs. I hope some day he likes to read them.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Elizabeth, I don't know if you remember me but we took an English class from Anne Flemming together and I knew Mike in MA. Anyway, I found Matt's blog through a friend and that led me to you guys. So I thought I'd say. Congrats on having twins - you look great! Tell Mike hello and if you get a second, check out our blog: durazfam.blogspot.com.

Camie said...

I wish I had a space to hide in and read where nobody could find me. Andrew has it all figured out!

Ralph and Teresa said...

Andrew and Calvin must be at the same stage. Curious if Cameron has found his own little corner! Andrew looks so cute! Love, Grandma C

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I agree with Camie about wishing to have a space to read where no one can find you! Just wondering, does Andrew like the Madeleine stories? I wouldn't think there's enough sports and the like in there for such a boy's boy.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

What fun little place to call your own. I love when little kids pick up books and "read". It's fun to see them take interest in things that seem grown up. :)

As for the name game...not sure if I have any suggestions, I am horrible with boys names! Marc and I struggled to just find one name we could agree on. I do like the name Maxwell (maybe you could name them after some general authorities...good name sakes and some of them have great last names that could be good first names). :)

KeriLyn and Matthew said...

so cute! I can't believe he is 17 months....nursery is sooooo close!

Katie and Eric said...

Andrew has so much personality. I love hearing all of the funny things that he does. Only one more month until we finally get to meet him. Yipee!