Tuesday, June 19, 2007
What's in a name?
Mike and I have yet to find two names for these little guys on the way. If any of you have suggestions (that aren't crazy, like Frik and Frak) we'd love to hear them! Occasionally we'll toss out names and discuss what we think. The other night I was on the couch and Mike was sitting at the table working on something and I tossed out some name. Mike then started saying, "_____, I'm open! Pass it here! ______shoot the three!" I laughed so hard! He continued to do that with every name either of us suggested. He told me if the name doesn't work on the court, then it doesn't work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We are also in favor of taking nicknames into consideration. You definitely want your boys names to sound great as-is, or nicknamed, for sports purposes. Cruise is a name that Jake LOVES but we didn't go through with.
How about Mike and Matt?? Two excellent twin boy names!! And maybe they would turn out as well as their daddies!!
I think Tim is a great name...or Porter. Either is really good...or you could go with Shannon (it goes for guys or girls :) It's hard enough for us to pick out one name, let alone two. Good luck!
we miss you guys - come back to Colorado so we can see you!
My personal favorite boy names right now are William, James, Thomas, and Nicholas (kind of traditional, I know). It can be so hard to pick 2 names. In some ways, it would be fun to have them sound like they go together, but then it might just confuse people. We picked Ian and Christopher only because those were the only names we both liked. My mom was horrified that one name would have 3 letters and the other 11. I reassured her that we were planning to call Christopher "Chris", so 3 letters versus 5 is not too bad. Good luck!
Tyson and Tyler are my favorite boy names...but you couldn't name them both that or both their nick names would be "Ty." But I think "Ty" sounds great on a court! Good luck!
Post a Comment