Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Home Depot

Not only does The Home Depot sponsor olympic athletes, they also sponsor Kids Workshops the first Saturday of each month!! This morning Andrew and I got up at 6:30 and ran a few errands, then picked up Mike and the little boys and headed to The Home Depot for the monthly kids workshop. We had a great time building our flower box together while Mike got what we needed to get the yard ready for Spring. It's supposed to rain all week, so I think we'll paint our box and get some soil and seeds in it while we wait out the rain.

Here are a few reasons I think this is a great program:
1. Andrew loves to help on projects and the program teaches that projects are fun!
2. The program promotes family togetherness.
3. The workshops are FREE!
4. Often when I'm around town I see parents who just deal with their children instead of enjoy them. This is the type of activity where you see families enjoying each other and it's encouraging to see that there are good families out there.

So, if you're wanting a fun and free family outing, check out the link above and head over to The Home Depot!

4 comments:

wildthayn said...

Hey, I took my kids to the same workshop today. We had fun. I was worried about it being too chaotic with just me and all 4 kiddos, but it was great!! Afterwards, we bought $16 worth of flowers/ strawberry plants to put in them. So much for a free project!!! Still worth it though!

Melissa said...

so cool! I never knew about this. I am definitely going to take Jake soon. He would LOVE that! On second thought, maybe I'll send both of my boys. They could both learn a thing or two about tools :)

Kim Walker said...

Your boys are SO cute! I can't believe the twins are 6 months old! Did you know we are finally having a boy!!! Yeah! We are so excited for him to come. Hope all is well, and tell Mike we said hello.
Love,
the Walkers

Anne Marie said...

I love these Home Depot workshops. I used to take my older boys more often before I had my twins. This is a great reminder for me. I need to get back there with my boys again.