We were excited to have Grandma and Grandpa C. come visit this weekend! They are so much fun to be with and it was such a treat to have them in our home. They couldn't stay long. In fact, they arrived Saturday at 11:15 a.m. and left this morning at 8:30 a.m. While our time together was short, it was definitely good quality family time.
As soon as they arrived we gave hugs, packed up our lunch and headed to a park. The weather couldn't have been more perfect for an afternoon with grandma and grandpa at the park! You can see Andrew behind our picnic table with his ball and bat. He was so happy!

Tanner and Reid loved getting out in the sunshine and looking at everything around them.


Tanner and Reid shared a ride on the swings and loved it!

As I was getting ready for grandma and grandpa to arrive I was very reminiscent of the time Mom C. spent with our family last summer before and after Tanner and Reid were born. I am still in awe at everything she did for our family. She rescued us at a time we needed rescuing and helped us make it to our goal of 36 weeks. While I was physically very miserable during that time, I look back with great memories of having her with us for 5 1/2 weeks! I was also struck with how much my little boys have grown since their
arrival. Grandma didn't need a hip for each of them, they fit perfectly on one leg! I love seeing her hold our boys like this, she looks like such a natural!

After the park, we came home to nap the kiddos and grandpa. Here's grandpa and Andrew having snuggles and soft tickles after naps.

Mike was recently called to the High Coucil in our
church and needed to be ordained as a High Priest, thus the reason for our lucky visit from his parents. After Mike's ordination, we grilled in the back yard and then enjoyed a nice walk on our trail. After putting the kids to bed we indulged with strawberry shortcake and games, of course. We talked and laughed and it made me sad that we're not going to be in Provo for school these next to years.

It was a wonderful 21 hours with grandma and grandpa! Thank you so much for making such an effort to come, we loved having you!! I guess this trip was a nice primer for our week together in Jackson Hole this summer! We can't wait!
10 comments:
Looks like so much fun. I love when family comes to visit. Your guys look so adorable cuddled together in the stroller.
Mike, Elizabeth and boys!
We MISS you all! Seeing all the darling Christensen gang just makes me smile! You are all so dear to us, and we are excited about your news Mike! What a great family. We want to be just like you when we grow up!
Annie and the Gang!
It went way too fast! I want to come back!! Take care of those boys while I'm gone!! Love all of ya lots! Love, Grandma C
Looks like a great 21 hours. It sounds like you made every moment count. It is so fun to have visitors. I wish I was one of those visitors.
Wait a minute. You're actually considering going to Wyoming? Again? After what happened the last few times? Glad you got some family time. Loved the shot of your boys in the swing.
Yes, I told Mike tha tI need a postive experience with the state if Wyoming. We figured Jackson Hole is our best bet!
Lots of pictures in such a short time! Way to make the most of it. Looks like a great day.
High Council! How fun to have your in-laws there. We are lucky to have stellar in-laws. No Provo? What about your 10 year reunion in Aug? :)
The swing thing is the cutest!!! You make this twin thing look so fun and EASY...Ha, ha. Your family always looks great. So are you ever moving to Utah?
I am so glad that you got to have fun for a short while with Ralph and Teresa. You definately made the most of your time with them. Fun times!
Post a Comment