Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My kitchen is a disaster!

Now that I think of it, so is the rest of my house! This morning is the kind of morning that makes Mike nervous. When I sign up for too many things and have too much going on at the same time. This is where we are so different. I am constantly doing three or four things at a time and sometimes it can stress him out!

This morning we were up and at the bus stop (it's finally warm enough that we can actually go out to the bus stop!) at 8:20,then off to the grocery store. Then we picked up a friend, played in the yard for a bit, then off to Toddler Time at the library. When we came home the kids played while I nursed Tanner and Reid, we then had lunch and I also made dinner for our little friend's family, our family, and for our dinner guests tonight. I finished their dinner just as her dad pulled up, but my kitchen and every play area of my house took a beating!

Days like today make me so grateful that bedrest and newborns don't last forever. It's now 1 p.m. and everyone is asleep so I need to clean up from the morning frenzy.

9 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Sounds like an incredibly busy day. Hope you've been able to clean up after all that cooking! You amaze me.

Torrey said...

Woah super mom!! You really are amazing. I would be exhausted for days after all of that.

Melvin and Carly said...

Wow! I'm stressed just reading about it. You really are SuperMom!

Elizabeth said...

I really didn't post this to make myself look like I'm amazing. I posted it because my house really was disasterous and it makes me laugh that sometimes I stress Mike out with what I try to accomplish at one time. Thanks for thinking I'm SuperMom, but I'm really not.

Mandy said...

You did ALL of this and you have time to blog about too? Wow - you must have a body double.

Monique said...

Amen sister! I love those kind of days though because that means I spent the time being with my kids and not putting THEM on the back burner because I spent the whole day cleaning. But then I like cleaning days too because I like a clean house. . .what a balancing act! :) If you figure it all out, let me know.

April said...

sounds crazy. Sometimes it is nice to make a great big mess...but the clean up is not so fun.
You are always good under pressure...I need to work on that.

Melvin and Carly said...

A question. When you take all three boys to the grocery store, where do you put them all? I have trouble making room for the groceries when our three go to the store with me, and that's with Audrey walking. Scratch that. Running. Everywhere. So how do you do it?

Elizabeth said...

Carly,
I'm quite the sight when I grocery shop. I use the grocery cart that has the car underneath it, or the toddler seats attached to it. I just need a way to have Andrew strapped in and still have room for my little guys. It makes for a huge load, but how else am I going to grocery shop? I've also learned that instead of putting a carseat right into the cart, I can turn it perpendicular and the seat rests on the edges of the cart, giving me the space under the seat. Does that make sense? You'd be surprised at how much you can pack around an infant seat in your grocery cart.