Can you believe we have a big four-year-old in the house? We are having our fourth child, so I suppose it's only appropriate, but it's somewhat surreal that my baby is so big!Andrew had a great birthday! His morning started with a surprise balloon delivery from dad! We were so happy and proud when moments after receiving his balloons, Andrew offered to share a balloon with each of his brothers. It's amazing how much entertainment can come from a few balloons.
We told Andrew he could pick a friend to go with him to do a special painting project. He chose his dear friend, Hunter, and Hunter's mom was kind enough to watch T&R while I took the boys to Color Me Mine. 
These boys were so cute about their projects! Each was so excited to pick their own colors and create in their own way. At one point Andrew said, "Mom, this is so much fun! How come more people aren't here?"
That night we had pizza, at Andrew's request ("chicken meat pizza" to be specific), and opened gifts. Andrew has been pining for a yo yo that his preschool teacher had as a prize student's could win for going above and beyond the mark. He was so excited when he finally got enough dots to choose from the box, only to realize the yo yo was gone! He was so happy when he opened a yo yo from mom and dad for his birthday! 
Last of all, we had a penguin cake, also at Andrew's request. This kid was so excited when he woke up in the morning and I showed him the cake I had made. He could hardly wait until after dinner to blow out his candle and dig in! And as you can tell, he enjoyed every bite!
Andrew is such a sweet boy and we feel so blessed to have him in our family. He is a great big brother and loves to help T&R say their prayers, or feed them breakfast in the morning when mom hasn't made it downstairs as quickly as she should. Last week I came down just as he was dolling out bowls of chocolate chips for breakfast!
Andrew still loves his animals and often tells us, and anyone else, that he is an, "animal guy." The other day after watching a special on panda bears he was saying prayers and said, "Bless baby Jesus that he was born, just like the baby panda bears that are weeny teeny."
Andrew loves learning and is very into letters and words. He made my grocery shopping list the other day and I couldn't bring myself to throw it away, so this purple sticky note is still on my fridge with his adorable crooked letters .
He cracks us up and is such a delight! Happy Birthday big boy!
8 comments:
Happy birthday animal guy!! We love you Andrew! It looks like it was a great birthday celebration--very impressive penguin cake, Liz!
hey super cute cake liz!! love it. happy birthday to andrew!
Happy Birthday, Andrew!
Jack is excited for his birthday this month too.
Happy Birthday Andrew!!
Happy Birthday! What a great day. I know you aren't suppose to compare kids, but how in the world is your son only 3 months older than mine writing all those letters and putting them into words??? I've got some work to do.
Happy birthday Andrew! Looks like he had a great day. And I'm really impressed at how well he writes his letters. (I'm guessing someone told him how to spell the words? If not, WOW!)
Great job on the cake!
Wow, Happy Birthday to Andrew! And Happy New Year to you guys. Sledding and time with family looks like fun. I love the print hanging on your wall: Hope you're remaining calm as you ramp up for the new baby, second semester and the interniship. Knowing you, you are calm and handling it all like a champ. Love you!
i know, i am slow in blog reading....but i still have to comment! Sounds like a fun b-day....i can't believe he is 4! That cake is way cute!!!
Post a Comment