Thursday, January 28, 2010

Still Pregnant

Yes, I'm still pregnant and roughly the size of a house! I realize I've compared myself to a house on numerous occasions, but it's truly how I feel! The thought of bending over to pick something up makes me cringe. If you had told me that I would go eight days overdue with this baby, I would have laughed in your face! All my boys have come 3-4 weeks early, so I already feel 4-5 weeks overdue!

Although I am ready to be done with this pregnancy, I'm now hoping to hold out for a few more days until our boys get feeling better. We've had a nasty cold bug that's had everybody hacking around here. We got the boys into the doctor today and hopefully they should be feeling better soon. Unfortunately, they passed their illness to the big pregnant lady too. Nothing like being sick and 41 weeks pregnant!

On a different note, the other day I came into my bedroom to find my glasses completely broken and mangled on the floor! Reid was the culprit and I was so incredibly frustrated and ready to sell him to the circus! There isn't a time I wear my glasses more than when I have a baby. You're up in the night, you don't get dressed until mid-morning, you know what I mean? I called Mike almost in tears--the tears were probably more the result of being 41 weeks pregnant, but I was devastated!

Anyway, the next day I started calling around to find someone who could hopefully repair my glasses. I found a very nice optical office that carried my line of glasses and rushed over before they closed last Saturday. I think the lady behind the counter could sense my desperation (or maybe she saw me slip in the snow and totally bite it while walking into their offices), but was also very realistic about how badly they were destroyed. She worked on them for almost an hour and then brought me my glasses looking like new! I jumped out of my chair and hugged her! She was so sweet and was genuinely happy to help. She even sent me on my way without charging me for her service! So kind! It made me so happy!

Sorry to those of you who have called wondering about a baby. I know I haven't returned phone calls, it's just kind of hard explaining over and over that we haven't had a baby yet. Also, with everyone being sick, I haven't really had time. We'll be sure to post news, email, or text once she finally arrives. Until then, happy thoughts that she'll arrive on her own!

7 comments:

Camie said...

LIz--you are proving yourself once again. Can you imagine when you look back and remember the time you had 3 toddler boys age 4 and under, your husband was in grad school, you lived in a townhouse, you were all crazy sick and you were over a week overdue with your baby girl??!! What a great story that will make! As for now--it's kind of a miserable one! XOXO

Katie and Eric said...

Liz...we have been thinking of you. I hope all goes well in the next few days. We love you lots!!!

MOM said...

Dear Elizabeth, I can't resist letting you know how happy I am for you and yours. I had four babies, all early and then #5 came 2 weeks overdue. You can make it through this; me and mine are living proof. Love Janet L.

wendysue said...

She's a smart cookie. . .she's not coming if everyone is sick and coughing! She's gonna stay put, nice and comfy, so everyone can give her big kisses when she arrives! :) But really, it WILL end, you will NOT be pregnant forever even though it really feels like it. (this was my "mantra" when I was going crazy big and pregnant). I've been thinking of you and your sweet family so much, so excited for the arrival of your little girl!

Monique said...

Hang in there sweetie! I have just begun the prego journey and it's a long long haul. Just know you will be done A LOT sooner than I will be. I can't wait to see that sweet girl too. My advice: go swimming! It makes you feel like a whale, but it feels sooo good!

Melvin and Carly said...

Ugh! How miserable for you. I know I got antsy when I went past my due date. But so nice about the lady fixing your glasses! Camie's right...it will make a great story. Knowing you and your positive outlook, you probably already think of it that way. How did that fall on the snow not help you go into labor?

Hope your new one arrives soon. Look at her already making an entrance and running the show. Just like a girl!

Catie said...

Liz, you're in my prayers. Thank you for the post, I've been thinking of you non-stop, but didn't want to call and bother you. I hope you feel better soon and that when your sweet gal decides to arrive it goes quick and easy. xoxo