Saturday, January 02, 2010

Christmas 2009

Mike and I have found that the older our boys get and the more they understand about Christmas, the better it is. This year was no exception! We've had a month full of excitement, Santa talk, tree worshiping, Mr. Kruger's Christmas, Christmas candy, and the telling and retelling of baby Jesus being born, Rudolph helping Santa, and Frosty coming to life. These years are golden!

I guess I was just to big and slow to get my camera out much over the holiday. We spent five days at Mike's parent's home and I only have pictures from Christmas eve and Christmas day. They are, however, pictures that melt my heart!

Christmas Eve we had a small talent show. Andrew decided he and his brothers would sing, "I Love to See the Temple." I should really upload the video. They sang so sweetly and did a great job.
Of course we reenacted the nativity in classic Christensen fashion. Andrew was a sweet inn keeper who told Joesph and Mary there was a manger out back they could use. Tanner was a short-lived angel-- he didn't enjoy his costume. And Reid, a very proud wise man, trading his traditional hat from Israel for Andrew's BYU hat! Opening new jammies from grandma and grandpa is such a treat, especially when you get to hug them in person! Here's the crowd, ready to check out the goods! The rest of the pictures are a classic Christmas morning. Chocolate before 8 a.m., ripping open gifts, playing with trains, getting your very own BYU hat, and watching the magic of little people being thrilled with anything they open. I love it!



Pictures not included from our time with family:
  • women knitting/crocheting (still not sure what the difference is) flowers and hats
  • Mike skiing with his siblings
  • Andrew playing for hours on end with cousins and seeming so grown up
  • Tanner and Reid up all night our first night there, ugh!
  • late night conversations about Adam's love life
  • laughing so hard while playing games I thought I was going to go into labor
  • great conversations about parenting, marriage, and life
  • more food than we should have eaten

1 comment:

Shelby said...

knitting has two straight needles, crocheting has one hooked.