While pulling out of Provo (much later than planned), we drove by the Tabernacle to see it on fire. I was sick! This building is beautiful and has such historic significance, as it was built 112 years ago by Utah pioneers. Our stake holds stake conference in this building every year.
"By the time the blaze was reported about 2:45 a.m. Friday, it had already spread through much of the 112-year-old building. Firefighters tried to go inside, but realized it was too dangerous after about five minutes. The blaze consumed the building’s wooden timbers and collapsed its plank roof, leaving behind a tan brick shell. Built by Utah pioneers, the large, stately building was on the National Register of Historic Places." AP
We went to bed close to 3 a.m. We are just a few blocks from this building, but didn't hear the sirens. I'm happy to see that they're rebuilding the Tabernacle. We drive by it often to see the progress. It sounds like the fire began with an electrical issue. I was relieved to hear it wasn't vandalism.
"By the time the blaze was reported about 2:45 a.m. Friday, it had already spread through much of the 112-year-old building. Firefighters tried to go inside, but realized it was too dangerous after about five minutes. The blaze consumed the building’s wooden timbers and collapsed its plank roof, leaving behind a tan brick shell. Built by Utah pioneers, the large, stately building was on the National Register of Historic Places." AP
We went to bed close to 3 a.m. We are just a few blocks from this building, but didn't hear the sirens. I'm happy to see that they're rebuilding the Tabernacle. We drive by it often to see the progress. It sounds like the fire began with an electrical issue. I was relieved to hear it wasn't vandalism.
No comments:
Post a Comment