Friday, April 27, 2007

Chime it up, baby!

Mike has been a scoutmaster or somehow involved with scouts/Young Mens ever since we got married. He is fantastic at engaging with the youth and the calling suits him very well (perhaps because he's still a 16-year-old at heart!). Tonight we had our annual scout camp fundraiser and it was in true classic Boy Scout fashion- baked potatoes, chili, cakes, and a talent show. Each scout was asked to present a talent, including leaders! Mike is a very talented man; however, he lacks stage talent! Here he is explaining that he has no talent to really perform.
After much consideration he decided to pull out a Christensen family tradition and play Christmas music with chimes! He recruited his young men as his, "Chime Rockers" and they wowed the crowd with two pieces of Christmas music! He was clever and put together a very funny performance. I thought it was great!
Here is a random picture of Andrew. As I was getting us ready to head out the door this morning, I laughed when realized how much stuff he was dragging around with him. He was ready to go on his bike!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Liz, you live with two funny boys! How fun! It was a treat to see your dad and sis at graduation today. It was a great day - I ate a BYU brownie for you (okay, I ate three - one for you and two for those sweet baies of yours)! Can you say bus driver arms!?

Amy said...

You go Mike! Chime it up baby!!! I would have loved to see it. I especially like your shirt!! You look good in scout color!! Liz that is so funny - andrew carrying all that stuff around with him!!

Alisa said...

Yeah Mike!! That scout shirt just goes with you!!!

Katie and Eric said...

Way to go Mike! I love the chimes, I am sure that the scouts loved doing that with you.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! I have ALWAYS wanted a musician in our family!! I am so proud of my chime conductor!!

Andrew is NOT a baby anymore, is he? He is soooo cute and quite the HAM...I can tell!! Love, Mom C

Amy said...

will you please post a picture of your van? I keep checking your blog in hopes you have posted one!!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I am sure those scouts absolutely love having Mike work with them. He seems like he could make those scouts love doing anything.

I love the picture of andrew carrying around everything and trying to ride his little car. What a fun kid.