I suppose we're just trying to break ourselves into life with twins when we're forced to be flexible and change plans, because we've had a major change of plans! Many of you know that Mike and I have struggled, fasted, prayed, and talked ourselves in circles, but have finally decided to defer Mike's MBA program one year. We felt like it was a hard decision to swollow, but when it comes down to it, it's what's absolutely right for our growing family. So, I guess we'll be Nebraskans for one more year! The more the decision sets in, the more excited we get about what this next year will be for our family. No GMAT to study for, no school applications, and no infirtility treatments! We're not kidding ourselves, we know we'll be busy with three kids under 19 months, but it will be a year for our family!
Speaking of our growing family- I'm the fastest growing member of the family right now! Mike is constantly amazed at how much food I consume. By 11 a.m. yesterday I had had...
two pieces of whole wheat toast
16 oz 2% milk
1 banana
1 grapefruit
1 apple
1 slice of pizza
1 chicken salad sandwich
And yes, I still had lunch at noon with Andrew. Yikes! Eating this much actually gets somewhat old, but knowing I'm doing it for two more little people to come to our family makes it bearable (so do the nightly strawberry shakes!).
ps- The saddest part of deferring is that I'll most likely be too far along to travel for the Christensen family reunion...and Alisa's wedding! Too sad to talk about...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You guys always make great decisions - MBA school will always be available - enjoy this season of your life with your babies sans homework, finals, interviewing, etc. You guys are amazing!
Excluding perhaps the pizza, at least you eat healthy stuff! I can't always say the same for my pregnant self. I'm sad to hear that you won't be a few states closer for a year, but I'm sure you're making the right decision. You guys always do!
Good choice. Might be nice to not take on too many big changes at once. Twins is kind of a lot. And as far as you eating that much, at least you're pregnant. I think I accomplish the same on a regular basis, for no good reason. Oops.
I loved the gray hair post. Love your dad! And I too admire you for all the good decisions you guys make.
Ohh... the constant eating. I sympathize. Though it all sounds delicious.
Wow! I can't say I don't know how you are feeling since we were in the EXACT situation too. Accepted to school already, talked ourselves in circles, worried, prayed and deferred a year - you know we liked Kansas, but you know!! I am sure you will be happy that you deferred no matter what the outcome.
Nebraska is closer. Perhaps a visit is in the future? Someday, I hope...
Sounds like what I eat just to keep up nursing Zach! No wonder i'm no longer losing weight! AARGHH! I wish I could just transfer mine to him. Keep it up or i should say eat it up while you can! :)
Post a Comment