Mike and I have always gotten excited when another young couple moves into the ward. We usually invite them for dinner and are happy about having another fun, young couple to hang out with. Lately, it seems like we invite the new couple over and then they tell us they graduated from high school in 2005 and just got married last month! Yikes! It's just so hard to believe that they're that young and we're not!
To compound my reality check (and instigate my identity crisis), Mike and I bought a minivan last week! While I'm thrilled to have the space, the ease of loading kids in and out, and the convenience of not loading three carseats into the back of a Toyota Camry come this Fall, I just can't believe we're at this stage of life. My minivan experience is limited to babysitting my sisters kids and driving them around pretending I was the "minivan mom." However, the babysitting jobs always came to an end-- the van, the kids, the responsibility of life weren't really mine. I guess reality is setting in as I realize now we have the minivan, this Fall we will have the kids to fill it, and there is a great deal of responsibility that belongs to us!
Friday night I went out to the garage to get something and I kind of freaked out when I saw the minivan--eek, we have a minivan! I think this purchase has launched me into reality, but when I think about it, reality is pretty great! We feel so humbled and grateful for these little ones in our family, especially because at one point I thought we might not have them. I love my honey and I love that he loves our family so much. Things are good...and we have a minivan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You mean Hot Mom in a Minivan! You'll be the cutest Mom ever cruising the streets of Nebraska. Now when you come to CO you can pick us all up because we'll all fit :)
Fun!! I love minivans! Even when I have a chance to run errands on my own, I choose to drive our minivan over the accord! Who knew minivans were so great?! Congrats.
Shauna- that was part of my hang up with a minivan. Is there really such thing as a Hot Mama in the minivan? I decided I'm just going to have to be one! Ha!
Hey where's the picture!! And there is definitely a hot mama in the minivan--I've seen that type before. You can pull it off!
Welcome to the mini-van mom club! We got ours before we had the kids to fill it but here we are 3 years later nearly filling it. Yikes! By the way, what kind did you get?
You guys are the real deal! The test will be to see if you get any cat-calls while driving that bad-boy with the kids in it.
Though I don't have a mini-van yet, I had a reality check with a friend a few weeks ago who told me she was 20. It didn't hit me until I realized she is a year younger than Sara, then I was like "whoa".
Cheers to the mini-can fam.
Oh my gosh you guys bought a van. Please post a picture. I know you are so happy but i do relate to the identity crisis thing. You are living my life just a couple years behind. We had similar experience inviting "young" couples over - only to realize we aren't young anymore and although i LOVE our mini van it was a bit strange to own one. post a picture
Liz...so exciting. I think that is such a fun, exciting step to take. I am sure you look great and you will love it! What kind did you get? We are going to be looking for one this summer. Hooray for kids!
Post a Comment